Old style HDS EDC issues

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
I have an older style HDS EDC clicky, that will no longer work :confused:

If I put a fresh battery in, as I screw it back together I do get the momentary on (5 secs or so) to indicate a reset / new battery etc. But once its back together, will not click on at all? Though something simple like lock out, but 3 clicks...nothing. No mater how many clicks nothing. I have tried different batteries with no difference.

I was going to use the back half from another HDS I have to see if the led/driver is okay but my others are the newer thread type so dod not pair together.

Has my switch gone??

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Sounds like it's a send to Henry see what's wrong with it problem imo. How old is it? If your getting the 5 second momentary the switch is getting contact but still could be faulty

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try a hard reset?

Also, make sure the contacts are clean.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like yhe switch has given up the ghost. I had mine for about 4 years when my first switch on my Ra 140n started missing clicks. Contact Henry and see if he has any laying around to seap around with you.

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
Is the response good emailing to contact on HDS site? I have never had to contact, or had any issues until now. It was an older trade mind you.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Email Henry. He will take care of your EDC. Even if shipping is expensive, this light really worth it.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I had a very similar issue with mine a few years ago. I had to send it to Henry too. It was not a good experience. Yes he fixed it per the lifetime warranty, but it took 2 months, and his email communications were not very good. I should not have had to be without it for that long, and I expected better service considering the price of his lights.