Fitorch        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Surefire Fury 2018 dual fuel 18650/Cr123

Default Re: Surefire Fury 2018 dual fuel 18650/Cr123

All done. Now simple and clear. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Please review Rule 12 @jackman1 and edit your post accordingly ....
    Quote Originally Posted by jackman1 View Post
    All done. Now simple and clear. Thanks for the reminder.
    Yes, thank you for the edit, and well ... another clue might have been that the message you posted actually included the phrase "privileged and/or confidential information ... intended only for the use of the addressee"
    ... is the archimedes peak

Another post by @jackman1 has been deleted ... this one for Rule 8.

I suggest no further commentary on the removal of these posts.

Thank you.
    Last edited by archimedes; 11-04-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

I received a new Fury DFT this week and thought Id post my observations in the interest of contributing to the knowledge base:

The size is noticeably bigger than the standard Fury. The head is the same diameter but is a bit longerthan the P2X model. Overall length is about .2 longer. It feels like it has a bit more heft to it, but it could be the battery weight difference.

The beam is excellent with good mix of throw and spill. Tint is markedly cool, but typical for Surefire products. Compared to the P2X Fury the beam is quite noticeably brighter and has better spill.

I had zero issues with batteries. Lithium 123as worked, and protected 18650GAs worked perfectly as well.

In terms of heat, after 30 minutes of continuous on the head was warm but not hot. I could hold the head and it was not uncomfortable nor too hot to hold.

All good so far. Ill run it through a class or two before recommending it for tactical use, but first impression is positive.
    Last edited by Frottage; 11-06-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Flashaholic*

HHHmm...after five minutes or so, mine becomes HOT...almost not holdable hot. Starting to wonder of my light is actually defective at the head/LED...Maybe pulling too much current, hence the excessive heat and malfunctioning tail cap switches. Going to do some tests...
    There's more to a light than its output.

CPF Member 13...

My Surefire Fury DF doesn't work with SF or Duracell Cr123, but its ok with panasonic 18650. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Cato; 12-06-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Flashaholic*

...and...tailcap three is toast...waiting for word from SF to send the whole light in, not just receiving another tailcap. The light was on for five or so minutes. Then it won't shut off, and the cap has the burnt electronics smell to it. Just for info, the light is drawing 5.4-5.5 amps, then dropping to 5 amps after a few minutes.
    Last edited by dano; 12-06-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    There's more to a light than its output.

CPF Member 13...

Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    ...and...tailcap three is toast...waiting for word from SF to send the whole light in, not just receiving another tailcap. The light was on for five or so minutes. Then it won't shut off, and the cap has the burnt electronics smell to it. Just for info, the light is drawing 5.4-5.5 amps, then dropping to 5 amps after a few minutes.
    I was just about to order this light, but after reading this thread again, I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    I was just about to order this light, but after reading this thread again, I'll pass.
    I have one and have not had any issues

Quote Originally Posted by dan05gt View Post
    I also have one and have not had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dan05gt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz68 View Post
    I also have one and have not had any issues.
    Thanks for that still a bit hesitance to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinniec5 View Post
    I received mine from B&H Friday and here's my report so far. The DFT Tactical in the package is the one on the right in the picture with the notched bezel, they are relieved and smooth like a slotted screwdriver and do not snag on clothing. Surefire CR123's are included, you will need to supply your own 18650. I already have SF18650s 2600+3400mah on hand. mine has a tactical clicky, which I like. it has enough travel that you can use it easily as a momentary switch without clicking it on. No problem there atleast for me as its just like my Peacekeepers.

As for brightness this is a beast, portable night-sun bright with a extremely noticeable difference from the peacekeepers in power, tint is sight purple with a nice hotspot and smooth transition to the spill. reflector is smoother than my Lawman and peacekeepers. Purple tint AR refective glass also like the Lawman-Fury P3Xs. Knurling is very grippy much better than the peacekeeper (my only real complaint about them).

Now for the manufacturing problem I encountered, when I tried to put an 18650 in mine it wouldn't fit, cr123s fit fine but not the 18650. First I thought I ordered the wrong light or was sent the wrong one but upon closer inspection of the tail end I noticed the thread protection/negative contact collar was pressed in cockeyed so that one edge instead of sliding fully down it was hung up on the inside of the battery tube and made the middle of the collar compress like a Ferrule/rivet and would not let the 18650 battery pass by. I fixed it easily enough with a tapered impact socket that fit in and gently tapped it down in place, problem solved. If Surefire used a 18650 sized Go-NoGo gauge that would have been spotted in a second. Since the cr123s slid right in no one noticed. This could happed on any light but I wanted to get it out there to give members a heads up.

I really do like this light and its a nice upgrade from the 600 lumen models

It would also be nice if SF started an upgrade program for The Peacekeepers/fury models. Maybe make the upgrade head 1200 lumens only so it wouldn't hurt Fury sales. We can always Hope
    Thanks for the detailed info. I will be interested in the light when they release a dual output version. I like your comparison to the Peacekeeper as that is currently my favorite Surefire light. Glad to see a few more 18650 lights coming from them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234