Anyone know where to find this Dorcy flashlight?

Kristofg

Enlightened
Just to make you guys jealous, they are for sale in the Decathlon sports superstores. They are priced at about $10, good quality (completely metal) and reasonable light output. It seems to be much better than the photonenpumpe actually.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
Uses three button cells. So not as easy to find batteries as an ARC AAA or CMG Sonic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everybody say this? How hard is it to order with Batterystation or go to Wal Mart?

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anyone know where to find this Dorcy flashligh

I have two of those lights that I bought on sale at Big 5. I don't remember what name they had on them. At half price they were $4.50 each. I have one on a keychain. I got almost what I paid for. I would not buy one at over a dollar again.

They are not as bright as other small lights that use AAA or AA batteries, and the button cells are very expensive if you buy them from Radio Shack or Walmart. I bought one before I knew better and the single battery was over $3 with tax. That would be $9 for the light.

The Sonic, Arc, and Ultra are much better bargins and better lights.

I think they are the same light on ebay for about $1.
Jerry

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I generally don't care for the button cell lights either, but I've got to put in a plug for the SL Keymate. It uses 4 cells and is incredibly bright. The button cells are not lithium, so they don't have the shelf life that the coin cells do.

I just got involved in WitEnds group buy for the colored light sticks and also bought 400 of the button cells. I started giving the lights to kids as gifts and wouldn't dream of the parents spending $7- $9 to replace the batteries each time, so I give plenty of extras and tell them to call me when they run out.

The last ones I bought were 30¢ each from Battery Station on a card of 10 and he only charged a buck or two for shipping. I simply would not buy those cells from a B & M store at those prices just like I wouldn't buy CR123s for more than $1.50.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also bought some of those cells, and at that price the lights are not so expensive.

I think the lights in question are probably the same ones that are sold under the Eddie Baur name in Target.

Jerry

Kristofg

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
Why does everybody say this? How hard is it to order with Batterystation or go to Wal Mart?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very hard! And there are no rechargeable versions of them, so you have to throw the batteries away after usage.