Commuting battery-powere front light for mounting under a porteur rack (dynamo mount)

bro_a_deer_a_female_deer

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, hope new year is bringing you good riding!

I have a P&S porteur rack which I adore, and has a mounting arm like so:

Hotlinked Image

Hotlinked Image

(second pic is a stock pic for reference, i do NOT have that light there...)

Now, I don't have a dynamo hub (yet...) and I want a good front headlight that is battery powered, hopefully USB-powered, that I can screw on there. I like the vibe of the Busch and Muller Eyro, but it seems like its too tall for that mount. Anyone else have any recommendations for something that I can screw on there? Preferably easily removable (eg a mounting bracket) since I commute and like to remove the light so it doesnt get stolen. Thanks!

Moderator Note:
Your images are hotlinked, a violation of CPF Rule #3. Remember, you read and agreed to the rules as a condition of membership.

Alaric D

Last edited by a moderator:

Keitho

Enlightened
I just happen to notice a deal on banggood on the Imalent BG10, which is rechargeable via USB, <$50 USD. So, you could run it for awhile on the internal battery, but hook up a dynamo or other 5V USB source (power bank, whatever) to boost the charge on the go if you wanted. Not nearly as cool looking as that bike rack or the Busch and Muller, but the Imalent has some cool features (cutoff beam, smartphone connectivity). It would be like mounting a modern rifle scope on an old wood-stock lever action rifle--some would call it an abomination, some would love it!

I haven't used the BG10, so I can't give any real-world impressions.

angerdan

Enlightened
Now, I don't have a dynamo hub (yet...) and I want a
  • good front headlight
  • battery powered, hopefully USB-powered,
  • Preferably easily removable (eg a mounting bracket) since I commute and like to remove the light so it doesnt get stolen
How do you define a good headlight (luminous flux, beam angle, color temperature, battery location, runtime, remote control, display, price) ?

If it has to be easy removable:
candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?389285-REVIEW-Busch-amp-Muller-Ixon-IQ-Premium-Warning-Photo-Heavy
bumm.de/en/products/akku-scheinwerfer/parent/1922/produkt/1922qmla.html?
bumm.de/en/products/akku-scheinwerfer/parent/192/produkt/192qmla.html?
bumm.de/en/products/akku-scheinwerfer/produkt/194.html?
google.de/shopping/product/1040981010375083005?prds=scoring:tps
google.de/shopping/product/2590732327198018299?prds=scoring:tps

USB-powered:
shop.supernova-design.com/shop/product/supernova-m99-mini-pure-45-139?category=225&order=phtl
shop.supernova-design.com/shop/product/supernova-m99-mini-pro-25-140?category=224&order=phtl
shop.supernova-design.com/shop/product/supernova-usb-a-conection-cable-153

Secure mount system for dynamo-alike mounted lights:
pitlock.de/en

Mount lights with GoPro-mount on a dynamo-alike mount:
shop.supernova-design.com/shop/product/supernova-gopro-mount-160?category=29

Lights with GoPro-Mount:
Outbound Lighting Focal Series
outboundlighting.com/

Last edited: