12,000 lumen MiniMax 18III. Dual XHP35 HIs, and Dual XHP70s

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

The dual Cree XHP 35 HI, and XHP70s in this light coupled with individually addressable switches create a unique experience.

Please let us hear your thoughts…..

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Great Video Thanks. Seems like, I like the Oddball lights that not many people purchase like this one, actually the whole Niwalker minimax line.
They seem like good lights watched multiple youtube reviews on just about all the Niwalker lights, yet I very rarely see threads on them. So it seems these lights for some reason don't appeal to the main stream flashlight people. Who are they for then interesting.

I really like the 2nd Gen MM18II with pouch set up, even this one MM18III has nice emitters and great manufacture supplied storage pouch. Not a big fan internal charging but this light might be different. I think I read it can charge at 2A. Beam pattern on the XHP 35 HI does not look good artifacts, areas not lit, just not very well executed. The XHP70's look great nice beam. And I'm basing my opinion from your video. I really thinking of pulling the trigger on this light. Ive been a loyal Eagletac customer for years just tired of the failure rate with them, Again nice video Thanks.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great Video Thanks. Seems like, I like the Oddball lights that not many people purchase like this one, actually the whole Niwalker minimax line.
They seem like good lights watched multiple youtube reviews on just about all the Niwalker lights, yet I very rarely see threads on them. So it seems these lights for some reason don't appeal to the main stream flashlight people. Who are they for then interesting.

I really like the 2nd Gen MM18II with pouch set up, even this one MM18III has nice emitters and great manufacture supplied storage pouch. Not a big fan internal charging but this light might be different. I think I read it can charge at 2A. Beam pattern on the XHP 35 HI does not look good artifacts, areas not lit, just not very well executed. The XHP70's look great nice beam. And I'm basing my opinion from your video. I really thinking of pulling the trigger on this light. Ive been a loyal Eagletac customer for years just tired of the failure rate with them, Again nice video Thanks.

Great feedback texbaz. Thank you.

druidmars

Enlightened
Hi all,

The dual Cree XHP 35 HI, and XHP70s in this light coupled with individually addressable switches create a unique experience.

Please let us hear your thoughts…..

Thank you for the video. I was interested in the light until you mentioned the potentially problematic/hazardous battery carrier.
Cheers!

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the video. I was interested in the light until you mentioned the potentially problematic/hazardous battery carrier.Cheers!
I just received this light. I purposely installed 3 batteries at 4.15 and one at 3.75. I charged using the internal charging, When the indicators turned green (main Light switches) I removed the carrier measured batteries found 3 at 4.17 and 1 at 4.05. Is it optimal no, but it didn't over charge any of the batteries. Batteries were unprotected.

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Richbuff, beam pattern is pretty much just like the two YouTube videos I've seen.
This one is the best for beam shots. https://youtu.be/8oEkdVioMJg
and this one is not bad either https://youtu.be/HGzv6n2ZX0g
The light is not a real thrower but it's pretty respectable when you consider its reflector size. It's truly unique, the flood from XHP70's when on turbo is commanding. It's very capable of massive amounts of light. 12000 combined sure why not well have to take the manufacturers word on it.
Note: The supplied handle one can attach, does not provide secure purchase for a normal human, what were they thinking. Just to small. And it's not balanced kinda feels like it's going to slip out of your hand. So far the light is pretty nice. its definitely a handful. The massive chunk of metal heat sink does its job quite well you can actually hold this light comfortably. This is a kinda do all search light, camp light. its not something you can hump around all day and night. The body machining, provide excellent grip even though my hand won't fully go around the tube the grooves cut in the exterior allow your fingers to fill them. I am looking at a Maxpidition case to be belt mounted, for just that rare occasion,one might have to clump to yourself and head out into the abyss:D.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks texbaz, and thanks vestureofblood for the impressions and review. One interesting thing that comes to my mind about the reflector configuration of the two XHP35 reflector wells: Start with two slightly overlapping reflector wells, then make them moderately overlapping, then largely overlapping, then finally very overlapping. If the emitters are small, and end up located very close to each other, can the resultant beam pattern approach that of a beam pattern where two small emitters are located adjacent to each other sharing one reflector well? In other words, 50% overlap versus only 10% overlap; now go to 90% overlap. Interesting, I think. :)

Again, thank you!

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Thanks vestureofblood for the video. I missed this.
I own the NiWalker M18 I & II. I have not added the III, yet. I have been waiting on some reviews. NiWalkers are not super popular........ The addition of the extra lamp is helpful from what I see in the video, the 1 & 2's use 3 lamps.
The addition of on board charging seams like a good touch. The older gens also had a hard time of loading the batteries but I have always had success with my Orbtronic's.
I now have to look at getting a 3rd gen.....

Lateck,

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
So I've had this light for a few days now, man I like the versatility. I have so many good flooders and throwers that I'm always having to choose based on what I'm doing. This light I don't worry with it, I've got flood and throw for just about any situation that I need a big light. I agree the handle is totally useless to me, I'm going to take mine off. My only issue if I were picky would be a neutral tint, but I'm keeping this light in my truck from now on. As for the the dual xhp 70 vs. 70.2, I don't know how that would change the output, but if it is offered next gen I'll probably get that one too.

Latest posts