More light for FREE

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
Catchy title but true, I keep in one of my cars a ULTRAFIRE V6-T90 in case of emergency, breakdown, flat tire/tyre etc I charge battery(18650) every month just top up, I found the switch was seemingly dodgy, putting a bit of metal across tube part at base touching it on battery it worked perfect.
I stripped it down and found so many bad connection points, even the grease they used on threads was not good, anyway washed body parts in carb cleaner and wire wool on copper rings used as "buffer" next to switch etc, all nicely de greased, even had some thick solder flux covering area that positive battery terminal butts against it screws together perfect and I was blown away by the difference using a panasonic a cell it really does seem twice as bright and so much whiter.
I have always rated this light as good now it's vastly better and only £9 or so, as a budget light it takes some beating, I have the popular ULTRAFIRE WF501A as well but that while being great and £5 isn't a patch, though now seeing if that has bad joints too!!
Might be worth checking for same on other lights people have.