Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    There is always time for a puppy!
    No truer words...
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Flashaholic*

I've got a legacy HDS clicky from 2010 with the Hi-Cri emitter. Can anyone tell me how the tint and beam of the current Hi-Cri emitters compare to what I've already got?

--flatline

That dog holster would make a sweet wrist gauntlet for a guy with a big wrist. Double barrel blade stopping light emitting wrist defender!

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    The value of that dog went way up in that picture.

And when you always referred to the mutt, I thought you were calling your off road buggy the mutt.
    Yes, a mutt in a MUTT.

Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Please tell me you named the dog Jeff.

Nice.
    P

That's a GREAT picture, Hogo!

(and I was hoping you had a MUTT)

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    That dog holster would make a sweet wrist gauntlet for a guy with a big wrist. Double barrel blade stopping light emitting wrist defender!
    I'm actually doing something like that but with a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    Please tell me you named the dog Jeff.
    Actually, because of her traumatic birth on December 7th, she got the name Geronimo Airborne Fallonfloor. She got her jump wings right away... when mom pushed her out while being carried... so while technically she didn't jump out of the mother ship but was pushed, I thought she deserved her jump wings nonetheless. I wasn't there to witness the event, but heard all about it. At least she hit plush carpeting because her chute didn't open.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Well, today was a good mail call day. I got a small package from Team HDS with two items inside- my repaired Rotary and a new Thor's Hammer holster! The Rotary had gone back to Arizona after our house fire to see if it were salvageable. It was returned working at no charge, and the holster was a freebie from Dan. I can't post pics, but did put one up on FB in the Candlepowerforums user group. I believe Mr. Hogo may have some photos if he cares to share. I bought my first HDS fairly soon after joining here and couldn't ask for better service or communication. Thanks again, Henry and Dan. Way above and beyond... : bow:
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Here are a couple photos Henry and I took of your light before we took it apart and replaced a few things. Pretty good shape considering it went through a house fire.

And then people ask "What's so good about HDS?"
    'nuff said.
    P

Slow clap for Henry and Dan, (Hogo)

Wow! Really generous of you guys!

I like every opportunity to post this particular smilie ...
    ... is the archimedes peak

So the switch boot did not melt?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    So the switch boot did not melt?
    No, it didn't.

No, it didn't.
    I'm guessing it's silicone?

Well done to the team at HDS for their kind gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by F89 View Post
    I'm guessing it's silicone?

Well done to the team at HDS for their kind gestures.
    Yep ur probably right. That would make sense
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Kudos to HDS, that is top-notch customer service!

And to Scout24: So sorry to hear about the fire, hope everyone is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Well, today was a good mail call day. I got a small package from Team HDS with two items inside- my repaired Rotary and a new Thor's Hammer holster! The Rotary had gone back to Arizona after our house fire to see if it were salvageable. It was returned working at no charge, and the holster was a freebie from Dan. I can't post pics, but did put one up on FB in the Candlepowerforums user group. I believe Mr. Hogo may have some photos if he cares to share. I bought my first HDS fairly soon after joining here and couldn't ask for better service or communication. Thanks again, Henry and Dan. Way above and beyond... : bow:
    I'm late to the party, but I have to say, that's a very special delivery. Kudos to HDS and well wishes to Scout 24 and family!
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Has anyone sent their light in for the 2.18 upgrade? Worth it? What was the turnaround time?

Quote Originally Posted by mntnrnnr View Post
    Has anyone sent their light in for the 2.18 upgrade? Worth it? What was the turnaround time?
    Turn around should be one week.

a Hogo One Week that is.

Turn around should be one week.
    Zebralight SC600 MkIV, SC52w.

Today I received my second HDS light - an Executive Clicky High CRI. Took less than two weeks from order to delivery. Also ordered the Prometheus Clip and a Thors Hammer Custom leather holster in brown with an Eagle. See Picture.

Programming was easy. Made the light levels moonlight(B), med(C), medium High(D), and High(A). Also enabled lockout. Did not take long at all to program. Really enjoy the High CRI.

Attachment 7388

Never thought I'd mod my 170N, the first HDS I got, but yesterday I swapped in a 219C sm353.
    The 3500K is pretty nice and much more livable than the 2700K that I tried in my orange cerakote which now houses my favourite and CRI champ the sw45k R9080.

I'm getting too good at this mod. Not that I'll be in the market for another HDS anytime soon with 5 in the collection, I really should clear out a few lights not that my HDS are going anywhere, though if I were to buy one I'd go a stock 250 XPG2 and mod it to a Nichia of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Today I received my second HDS light - an Executive Clicky High CRI. Took less than two weeks from order to delivery. Also ordered the Prometheus Clip and a Thors Hammer Custom leather holster in brown with an Eagle. See Picture.

Programming was easy. Made the light levels moonlight(B), med(C), medium High(D), and High(A). Also enabled lockout. Did not take long at all to program. Really enjoy the High CRI.

Attachment 7388
    Nice.
    I've got prometheus clips on two of my HDS lights, one of those being a stock 200 HCRI. Nice clip but not the best retention and can be prone to catch on stuff and bend as it's happened to me with one on an Alpha. Nice clips generally though.
    I wonder which LED HDS is going for as their standard HCRI, I noticed that it says limited on the site. I hope they stick with 219B but perhaps get onto the V1 and preferably R9080.

I just got my first HDS! Its a Rotary 3 O'clock High. I was in the passaround for the HDS executive and loved it but since there is also a Rotary in the line up, I prefered that. When this Rotary went for sale I jumped on it. The Rotary interface with all of the options available is -like Hogo says in his videos- 4 different flashlights in one. As much as I like the H17f, this is much better (and more fun to play around with).

The tint is on the cooler end of what I like (4000k-5000k) but with the high CRI, makes for great color renditioning. It feels much more natural compared to any of my similarly tinted lights. A belated thank you to Hogo for putting this run together!

I also got a Holster from Hogo. In my opinion, the Rotary and the Holster go hand in hand!

Now I am planning for an 18650 version... I do not like flashlights... I do not like flashlights....

I like you're thinking f89!.
    I have an s2+ in a 4500k 9080, and another s2+ in 6500k 9080.
    now, if only HDS can head to 9080.

Nice.
    I've got prometheus clips on two of my HDS lights, one of those being a stock 200 HCRI. Nice clip but not the best retention and can be prone to catch on stuff and bend as it's happened to me with one on an Alpha. Nice clips generally though.
    I wonder which LED HDS is going for as their standard HCRI, I noticed that it says limited on the site. I hope they stick with 219B but perhaps get onto the V1 and preferably R9080.
    Zebralight SC600 MkIV, SC52w.

Never thought I'd mod my 170N, the first HDS I got, but yesterday I swapped in a 219C sm353.
    Exact same thing happened to my 170N! I really like the balance of whiteness, but with a touch of warmth that comes with the sm353 and was really glad I went with it over the sm303.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Just scored an Orange Cerakote 325 Clicky on Ebay. Only a few nicks, but it going to be working for its living. I'm not a fan of cooler CTs, but even next to my 170n this still has a most agreeable tint.
    Trust Henry, he knows.

P

Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425262728293272 ... LastLast