Malkoff        
Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 387881828384858687888990919293949598 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 2978

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Default HDS Systems EDC # 20

HDS EDC Ultimate 60XR featuring the Arc clip... current best pocket clip for an HDS... oh and check out that Natural HAIII anodizing

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Aluminum bronze was a bit higher, hence not as many being made. The numbers on these won’t change as I was able to tack them onto the titanium run.
    I might have to get a brass or aluminum bronze rotary.

Are these new limited number Aluminum Bronze and Naval Brass HDS lights coming out in six months with the titanium batch?

Where can I read up on these different materials?
    Last edited by RCS1300; 07-11-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    I might have to get a brass or aluminum bronze rotary.

Are these new limited number Aluminum Bronze and Naval Brass HDS lights coming out in six months with the titanium batch?

Where can I read up on these different materials?
    They are being run at the same time by the machinist. We haven't decided just when they will go on pre-sale. At the very earliest, it would be September 1. At the latest would be just before the titanium run ships.

To be specific, it is 464 Naval Brass and NI-AL-Bronze (nickel aluminum bronze).

The bezels will match as well. When these go up for pre-sale or whatever, we will also offer the 4000k and 4500k 9080 F89HG emitters in them plus any of the other emitters that are still available at the time. The 4000k F89HG won't be offered except in these, then what is left of those emitters will be offered in aluminum lights. At least that is the current plan... and plans do change.

May pick up a few 2700k and 3000k 219c as well for these. I think these would be real neat with an incan type emitter.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 07-11-2018 at 07:02 AM.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Try reprogramming a twisty to change output levels. 
    Been there, done that, don't want to do it again...
    the twisty is one of those lights you set up once, and don't touch again (although I setup my Novatac and GD170 tactical the same way - set once and use it)
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

Here are the projected prices on the Naval Brass and Bronze runs.
    Naval Brass is expected to be $550 and bronze $590. I can't get them any lower than that.
    The first quote I got from the machinist would have put brass around the $800 mark... which is why I said no way when I got that back. Tagging these onto the titanium run allowed me to get them down to "reasonable" levels. Still not cheap by any means, but a first for HDS material wise.

Now, who's into depleted uranium? Would it glow in the dark negating the need for tritium inserts?

Speaking of tritium inserts, this is one thing I have failed to be able to talk Henry into. I've been pushing since January... well, even before then. Enter emarkd, if you would like to set up something with MyLittleMachine shop like you did before, Henry is willing to send the drawings for the bezel to make sure anything they make is 100% compatible with the light, then link to them from the HDS sight to help them with sales. That's as close as I could get to getting Henry agree.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

So... Navel Brass or Bronze aluminum. Tough choice. I have no first hand knowledge of these metals in flashlights.

Thanks Hogo!

I’m torn as to weather I would want that emitter in a naval brass or aluminum bronze...

The light would be so pretty, but then I would feel bad about using and abusing it, and I might be forced to “baby” it...

Flashaholic*

Naval Brass is expected to be $550 and bronze $590. I can't get them any lower than that.

Sounds both really great. Would get one of each

Hope the release date is good. In September I am on vacation… again. Seems we need to synchonize each other

Now, who's into depleted uranium? Would it glow in the dark negating the need for tritium inserts?
    Why depleted Uranium? Enriched Uranium 232 is much better. If you put enough of those Uranium Lights together (~3-4kg) you will have a HDS light creating the highest lumen Output ever
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Although I try to be a little more careful with my brass and bronze flashlights than, say, steel and titanium ... aluminum bronze seems to be the toughest of the red metals I've used.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Try reprogramming a twisty to change output levels. 😂😂😂
    Ha! I gave up and just left my Twisty's at the Henry settings!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Although I try to be a little more careful with my brass and bronze flashlights than, say, steel and titanium ... aluminum bronze seems to be the toughest of the red metals I've used.
    Absolutely, and the Ni-Al-bronze is apparently the toughest of them all.

"Similar to other grades of aluminum bronze, C95500 contains nickel. Nickel makes C95500 aluminum bronze one of the toughest non-ferrous alloys known. The alloy exhibits exceptional yield, compressive strength, high hardness, and fairly high elongation. It is an excellent bearing material suitable for heavy duty, high shock, and high impact applications. The alloy has good resistance to sea water corrosion, heat resistance, good machinability, and weldability."

"Aluminium bronze is a type of bronze in which aluminium is the main alloying metal added to copper, in contrast to standard bronze (copper and tin) or brass (copper and zinc). A variety of aluminium bronzes of differing compositions have found industrial use, with most ranging from 5% to 11% aluminium by weight, the remaining mass being copper; other alloying agents such as iron, nickel, manganese, and silicon are also sometimes added to aluminium bronzes."
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

... and the threading on my aluminum bronze Regulus is smooth like melted butter

We are going to have to call the NI-AL-Bronze light the “Archidento”.

We are going to have to call the NI-AL-Bronze light the “Archidento”.
    Where do I send you my bill ?

I think I'm supposed to send you a bill. You're costing me money!!

Hogo
    C/O Bethlam Royal Hospital
    Monks Orchard Rd
    Beckenham BR3 3BX
    UK

Previously known as...

Saving for the Aluminum Bronze now.......I must be sick or crazy spending this much on lights.
    However, it seems I am in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by doctordun View Post
    Saving for the Aluminum Bronze now.......I must be sick or crazy spending this much on lights.
    However, it seems I am in good company.
    Another one here lol

How's the weight on al-bronze lights? I have a brass Reylight Pineapple and it's significantly heavy for its size. I'm imagining a rotary in brass should be sold with a fortified leather belt to keep your pants up.

I hope it will be a super heavy, smelly, easy beat up piece that doesn’t make any excuses for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by toads View Post
    How's the weight on al-bronze lights? I have a brass Reylight Pineapple and it's significantly heavy for its size. I'm imagining a rotary in brass should be sold with a fortified leather belt to keep your pants up.
    I know a guy who could make that belt happen...

Well, hopefully in a year when someone comes on and suggests something, everyone else will chime in with "Stop!" "Don't say things like that!"

Be careful what you wish for... you just might get it.

Alright, count me in on the bronze. Hogo, is there anything else special coming up? If so, is like to know now so I can prioritize.

I think the Ti run was announced the day I received my 4000k group buy. That was really difficult to explain to the wife.

If so, he has to add it the current machine run to avoid another set up fee.

Quote Originally Posted by jruser View Post
    Alright, count me in on the bronze. Hogo, is there anything else special coming up? If so, is like to know now so I can prioritize.

I think the Ti run was announced the day I received my 4000k group buy. That was really difficult to explain to the wife.
    Nope that's it. Past the point of no return with the machinist.

Most likely, when we offer these, it will be like the titanium run as I don't expect them to last longer than 5 minutes. 20 titaniums sold within the first 2 minutes according to Henry when he looked through the time stamps on the orders while processing.

My plan would be to run the Bronze first, then the Naval Brass after that so if someone missed out on Bronze, they would have a shot at Naval Brass.

I wouldn't expect any special material runs to happen again for quite some time. Most likely, it would only happen again with a completely different light. Rotary Mark II or whatever. It would have to be significantly different, and while we have plans for something like this, it sure isn't going to happen anytime soon. Think "Henry two months".

Nope that's it. Past the point of no return with the machinist.

Most likely, when we offer these, it will be like the titanium run as I don't expect them to last longer than 5 minutes. 20 titaniums sold within the first 2 minutes according to Henry when he looked through the time stamps on the orders while processing.

My plan would be to run the Bronze first, then the Naval Brass after that so if someone missed out on Bronze, they would have a shot at Naval Brass.

I wouldn't expect any special material runs to happen again for quite some time. Most likely, it would only happen again with a completely different light. Rotary Mark II or whatever. It would have to be significantly different, and while we have plans for something like this, it sure isn't going to happen anytime soon. Think "Henry two months".
    You're still planning on doing a Natural HAIII run after brass/bronze, right?

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    You're still planning on doing a Natural HAIII run after brass/bronze, right?
    That one is going to take some serious time. Henry won't do it if the colors don't match. We have some bare aluminum parts being run with this order so that we can test it and see. If it does happen, it would most likely be pretty small, and close to the same price of brass/bronze. Henry's plan is to put the parts together, then have them anodized as sets so each light is in the same spot in the tank. Very labour intensive and we don't know if it will work like we are hoping. If it does happen, I suspect it will be a few months AFTER the titanium, brass, and bronze ship.

Sea Bronze its cool!
    I'm with you when it starts. I had a knife with a blade of sea bronze,
    very sturdy and beautiful thing, but it is easier to scratch than titanium.

Beat me to it. Glad to hear there's a plan in place, cause I was just about to ask...

One Archidento Naval Brass with a 3000k emitter, please. No reinforced belt, I'll just do curls with it as I carry it...
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

That one is going to take some serious time. Henry won't do it if the colors don't match. We have some bare aluminum parts being run with this order so that we can test it and see. If it does happen, it would most likely be pretty small, and close to the same price of brass/bronze. Henry's plan is to put the parts together, then have them anodized as sets so each light is in the same spot in the tank. Very labour intensive and we don't know if it will work like we are hoping. If it does happen, I suspect it will be a few months AFTER the titanium, brass, and bronze ship.
    I do not care about matching anodizing on my Natural HA lights. Call me crazy, but I actually prefer the imperfect look of mismatched anodizing… If you happen to come across a light that doesn’t match, please let me know and I will gladly buy it from you. If only I had an HDS that looked like this... The HDS SCAR...

Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 387881828384858687888990919293949598 ... LastLast