Jetbeam        
Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 2902

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Yeah, I swapped out the crenellated version, for one of the smooth, with one of my Aleph ....
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post
    Too busy tracking down cattle thieves to respond before... Received my 4000 and, while it is, by far, the warmest (color) light I have, I do like it. I'm more typically the Ice Man in terms of wanting the bluest star in my hands but, this latest addition is just great!

Karl
    I also tend to like cool lights and after using the 4000 for a few days, find it has a really nice tint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post

170 Nichia 219 not sure if a or b.
    Is that wear is see on the tailcap?

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    I don't have a beamshot handy, but it's a standard thrower pattern. Not dissimilar to an E1B. Nice tight spotlight.

But milky hasn't been actively modding for years now ....
    Dang... You know anyone else that mods HDS lights for throw?

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Is that wear is see on the tailcap?
    Yes, wear.
    WTB: Looking for HDS Flood/diffuse reflector.

Dang... You know anyone else that mods HDS lights for throw?
    I'm sure there are others around with the requisite skills, but no, not specifically.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Default HDS Systems EDC # 20

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    Yes, wear.
    Putting lights through there paces... nice Cerealand! This isnít my pic but saw it on the ďshow your beat up lightĒ thread. One day I hope my HDS Clicky is as beat up as his...

Pic and light by Burntrubber87:

[IMG] http://a64.tinypic.com/ac5yiv.jpg[/IMG]

My EDC for lights consists of this... High Noon Rotary and F89HG with diffuse reflector.

The double HDS holsters are getting more popular. Just finished this one for someone today...

Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

nice diffuse reflector
    WTB: Looking for HDS Flood/diffuse reflector.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    My EDC for lights consists of this... High Noon Rotary and F89HG with diffuse reflector.

The double HDS holsters are getting more popular. Just finished this one for someone today...

Both standard rotary or is one tactical? Which one do you reach for more?

Both standard rotary or is one tactical? Which one do you reach for more?
    Daytime or outside, I reach for the High Noon. Inside I grab the F89HG. The diffuse reflector is real nice, but absolutely kills any throw. In the house, the F89HG is great with the diffuse reflector. It makes the lowest setting in the middle of the night reaaaaaaaallllly low.

If I had to pick just one... but that's just silly. I don't have to pick just one. That would just be stupid.

My titanium will have the High Noon.
    My bronze with have the F89HG 4500k
    My naval brass will be the F89HG 4000k

Both standard Rotary lights. The tactical was great for me when I did stupid stuff for a living. I still carry whenever I leave the house... but don't feel I need the tactical for concealed carry. I'm not clearing rooms and doing that kind of silliness anymore.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 07-11-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Daytime or outside, I reach for the High Noon. Inside I grab the F89HG. The diffuse reflector is real nice, but absolutely kills any throw. In the house, the F89HG is great with the diffuse reflector. It makes the lowest setting in the middle of the night reaaaaaaaallllly low.

If I had to pick just one... but that's just silly. I don't have to pick just one. That would just be stupid.

Both standard Rotary lights. The tactical was great for me when I did stupid stuff for a living. I still carry whenever I leave the house... but don't feel I need the tactical for concealed carry.
    Nice setup. Wish I wouldíve jumped on a diffuse reflector while they were available. I went for F89HG in a titanium... rarest of the rare (so Iím told). Just out of curiosity... how many HDS lights do you own? Family pic?

Nice setup. Wish I wouldíve jumped on a diffuse reflector while they were available. I went for F89HG in a titanium... rarest of the rare (so Iím told). Just out of curiosity... how many HDS lights do you own? Family pic?
    If you include NovaTac 6. I have 3 Rotaries, 2 Clicky's, and one NovaTac that was a gift from NovaTac. It's Cerakote olive with my name engraved on the side. I have the 18680 tube and 2AA tube for the Clicky's but also have the 123 tubes for them as well. The 2AA resides in my bug out bag. One Rotary is now on walkabout in the "pass around" thread. It was a Clicky but I reprogrammed it and tossed a Rotary tail on it. That one is a cool white 200, the other Clicky's are both 140 cool white.

I'm not a collector... or at least I try not to be. I've owned... I don't even want to think about it. Let's just say a lot. From various Cerakote colors to forensic blue, hyper red, hunter green, etc. etc. For me, if I don't use it, or it it doesn't fill a role... i.e. in the bug out bag, emergency kit, etc. I don't keep it. The exception to this will be the titanium, bronze, and brass. These will probably go into a shadow box, along with any future lights that HDS produces since I partnered with Henry. Henry always keeps one light from each run... or rather "special" run. Not one of each emitter type. It's an HDS history, hence me keeping one of each to document my own history with HDS. I can look at the box and say "I made that happen." and then think to myself... "Holy crap!... I should put those in the safe!"

In another thread he said he had 5 but that was before the Titanium run and before the F89HG LEDs were officially for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    In another thread he said he had 5 but that was before the Titanium run and before the F89HG LEDs were officially for sale.
    I forgot to count the NovaTac. My bad. It just sits on the shelf while parasitic drain kills the batter every year or so.

Flashaholic*

You are so lucky having a bronze and brass HDS
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

If you include NovaTac 6. I have 3 Rotaries, 2 Clicky's, and one NovaTac that was a gift from NovaTac. It's Cerakote olive with my name engraved on the side. I have the 18680 tube and 2AA tube for the Clicky's but also have the 123 tubes for them as well. The 2AA resides in my bug out bag. One Rotary is now on walkabout in the "pass around" thread. It was a Clicky but I reprogrammed it and tossed a Rotary tail on it. That one is a cool white 200, the other Clicky's are both 140 cool white.

I'm not a collector... or at least I try not to be. I've owned... I don't even want to think about it. Let's just say a lot. From various Cerakote colors to forensic blue, hyper red, hunter green, etc. etc. For me, if I don't use it, or it it doesn't fill a role... i.e. in the bug out bag, emergency kit, etc. I don't keep it. The exception to this will be the titanium, bronze, and brass. These will probably go into a shadow box, along with any future lights that HDS produces since I partnered with Henry. Henry always keeps one light from each run... or rather "special" run. Not one of each emitter type. It's an HDS history, hence me keeping one of each to document my own history with HDS. I can look at the box and say "I made that happen." and then think to myself... "Holy crap!... I should put those in the safe!"
    Yeah itís definitely easy to get carried away with collecting edc gear. I know that I myself get carried away occasionally. Thatís cool that youíre going to document your history working with Henry. It will definitely be neat looking back on how far youíve come in a decade or so!

I forgot to count the NovaTac. My bad. It just sits on the shelf while parasitic drain kills the batter every year or so.
    Lol thatís annoying. The older EDC Ultimates donít have Parasites right?

They all do at some point. Novatac are perhaps the "worse", but depleting a battery in a year is still ok I think.
    There was a batch of legacy with a bad capacitor that eventually drained batteries in days, was covered under warranty.

If I remember correctly my clicky (2014) drains 0,08mA on battery when off.
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium466 View Post
    They all do at some point. Novatac are perhaps the "worse", but depleting a battery in a year is still ok I think.
    There was a batch of legacy with a bad capacitor that eventually drained batteries in days, was covered under warranty.

I would have no way of even measuring something like that. Guess thatís why I run AW RCR123s. Most cost effective batteries in the long run.

Coffee and Rotary...

Flashaholic

Chip weevils destroyed the LEDs on most of them

Why on earth would someone want to carry two HDS flashlights at once? That takes a very special kind of nerd.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    You are so lucky having a bronze and brass HDS
    You can have them both too, ya know!
    Actually strike that, forget I said anything. Me first!!

I would have no way of even measuring something like that. Guess thatís why I run AW RCR123s. Most cost effective batteries in the long run.
    Well ackchyually, at the risk of starting another debate, li-ion 16340 would be the most cost effective in the long run. Just charge it up every 6 months instead of buying a new cell once a year.

Is this measurement accurate for current HDS lights?
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

I had a few way back that drained the battery. Henry took right care of it. What I like so much about my old EDC hds lights is the incredible runtime on the low setting. Something like 20-30 days!
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Is this measurement accurate for current HDS lights?
    I don't think so, something definitely changed in the electronic around 2015 I'd say, now the drain is less regular, peaking around 0,07mA then plumetting to 0,02mA, then again 0,07mA...I would need better tools to accurately measured it, but I think it's even lower than the previous steady 0,07/0,08mA.
    To be taken with a grain of salt, cause I don't have very recent light, nor the right tooling to make an accurate measurement. This is just quick and dirty measurement with a multimeter, and without the "contact" wire connected. Also it's done with a clicky, the rotary have another chip in the tail so maybe that adds to the drain ? I don't know.
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

Why on earth would someone want to carry two HDS flashlights at once? That takes a very special kind of nerd.
    One for each hand...duh

Flashaholic*

some time ago someone did a runtime test with locator flash and a HDS EDC. If I remember it was an "older" model. The runtime test was finished after 3 years. That is a good value IMO. Unfortunately I did not found the link to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by emarkd View Post
    You can have them both too, ya know!
    Actually strike that, forget I said anything. Me first!!
    I know, but in September I am on vacation... that was the date hogo mentioned. I need to synchonise my vacation dates with hogo I guess.
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 07-12-2018 at 06:42 AM.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Enjoy your new holster!

Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697 LastLast