HDS Systems EDC # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy New HDS Year.

Picked up a Trit bezel for my HDS. Trits on the way and pics to follow.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's an exciting time to be an HDS fan. I'm looking forward to where you and Henry are going this year!

moltenmag

Enlightened
Don't know if this is possible but does anyone know if my HDS 3700k Clicky could be sent to Henry to be transformed into a Rotary? I have a Rotary body that could be sent with it.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Hogo, just wanted to say thanks for all the info in the other thread and no hard feelings.

And yes, nice to see #20. Happy new year HDS, keep up the good work.

No hard feelings at all. Some topics get me worked up, and it's not you (I've had family members unfriend me on FaceBook... and install alarm systems in their homes because of my lack of filter from brain to mouth... or keyboard) and I can't count the number of times my chief had me in his office for the crap that came out of my mouth... I just figured he didn't have enough to do and I would help his day from not getting boring. I honestly wasn't directing any of my rant toward you. I do hope you didn't take it that way. I'm kind of an old cantankerous fart. And my puppy woke me up at 0300 this morning to poop and play. I'm going to give her a flashlight to play with and maybe she will let me sleep.
Anyway, your input is quite valuable here, and I do see that.

moltenmag

Enlightened
No hard feelings at all. Some topics get me worked up, and it's not you (I've had family members unfriend me on FaceBook... and install alarm systems in their homes because of my lack of filter from brain to mouth... or keyboard) and I can't count the number of times my chief had me in his office for the crap that came out of my mouth... I just figured he didn't have enough to do and I would help his day from not getting boring. I honestly wasn't directing any of my rant toward you. I do hope you didn't take it that way. I'm kind of an old cantankerous fart. And my puppy woke me up at 0300 this morning to poop and play. I'm going to give her a flashlight to play with and maybe she will let me sleep.

I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we all SERIOUSLY appreciate you Hogo and Henry (insert applause here)! What you guys have created is seriously a work of art. I love having these threads and being included in on the HDS journey. It's a great place to give input and hear news on what's coming up. We all as fans want to help you both in making HDS something that stands the test of time (if it doesn't already)...

Lithium466

Enlightened
Don't know if this is possible but does anyone know if my HDS 3700k Clicky could be sent to Henry to be transformed into a Rotary? I have a Rotary body that could be sent with it.
You could. I wanted to do that with mine, as I have a spare rotary tail too! It's feasible.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

It may be possible. Do you know what version it is? i.e. roughly the date of manufacture? ACME threads?. The head would need to be reprogrammed, then calibrated. The cost is $45 to upgrade to the most current software. Any idea what software version is in it?

moltenmag

Enlightened
It has ACME threads. Has Candle mode. Has a blue sticker. The person I bought it from said that it was recalibrated by Henry from a 120 to 140. I also have a Golden Dragon 120 that I want to convert to a throwy Rotary. It has ACME threads as well. Old software. Would that be feasible?

moltenmag

Enlightened
It may be possible. Do you know what version it is? i.e. roughly the date of manufacture? ACME threads?. The head would need to be reprogrammed, then calibrated. The cost is $45 to upgrade to the most current software. Any idea what software version is in it?

Apparently it's doable! What would I do to send the lights in? Do I send you and Henry and Email after purchasing the software upgrade? I would get to keep the Clicky bodies right? How does that work? I want to send both the 3700k and 120 clickies in at the same time to be turned into rotaries...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently it's doable! What would I do to send the lights in? Do I send you and Henry and Email after purchasing the software upgrade? I would get to keep the Clicky bodies right? How does that work? I want to send both the 3700k and 120 clickies in at the same time to be turned into rotaries...

Yes, you would go to the website and purchase the upgrade. I see no problem changing the software as well, but let me confirm that with Henry on Monday.

Here is a quick and dirty way to tell what software is in your light...

Lights prior to December 2013 have the electronic lock out.

5 clicks from off candle mode: software 2.10

7 clicks from off candle mode: software 2.14

9 clicks from off candle mode: software 2.15 (this also has the 6 click from off that turns the light into pure momentary until you remove the battery for 60 seconds. This is lights after January 2015.

Candle mode was never documented but is one way to tell what software version you have.

And as a small bit of advice, when traveling to the bathroom at 0300 with a new puppy in the house, it is advisable to use a low setting on your HDS instead of the ambient light you have relied on for years. Ambient light does not necessarily illuminate the things you need illuminated. Stepping in warm and squishy puppy love does not make for a pleasant evening. Carpet is NOT supposed to feel that way.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lol, you sound like me. I have never had the greatest filter either. It has got me into trouble more then once. My GF was not impressed when once my lack of filter almost brought her father and I to blows. Oops lol.

Nope, I didn't take it that way, just a discussion between fellow flashaholics.

I know what that's like. I am a dog guy myself and my Chocolate Lab woke me up many times when she was a pup. Heck, she still does. Enjoy that puppy time though as it goes too fast.

Thank you but, your input dwarfs mine many times over lol. We all really appreciate you keeping us in the loop and passing our ideas and requests on to Henry. Not to mention the info on the flashlight industry and its history. I for one also really enjoy your particular brand of humor.

I am really looking forward to the things to come from HDS this year and think team Dan and Henry is going to bring nothing but good👍.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any further opinions on peoples preferences when it comes to clips for the clicky would be appreciated. What do guys like best and why(Standard clip, Decorative clip, Dark Sucks clip, Oveready clip)? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.