Quick Take - Sofirn C8A

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of you all may chastise me and tell me that this should be over at Budgetlightforum (it has been reviewed there), but I wanted to share this little light with my enthusiasts at CPF for the simple reason that this is a nice little light for a really low price. Sofirn did provide this light at a greatly reduced price in exchange for my honest opinion.

This light can be purchased on Amazon for around $28. It is shipped in a very plain, unmarked brown box.

For that price you get the light, a little USB charger that adjusts from 16340 to 18650 and a Sofirn branded 18650 cell. So for that price, you get a light, battery, lanyard and charger and I'm thinking GREAT GIFT! Or a great toolbox light...or pick your usage.

Weather has stopped me from taking any outdoor beam shots, but here's a photo of the beam next to the beam from a Muyshondt Beagle on high. I chose the Beagle for it's 4000k floody beam, and it reveals that the XPL2 (Sofirn calls it neutral with a tint range of 5350 to 5700) is pretty decent - just a touch of green/purple, but I don't see that when using it out walking.

The light has two choices of settings, easily changed - you can have 3 levels with strobe or 5 levels with strobe. Activation is from a familiar forward press tail switch.

Threads are somewhat crude, but decent.

I did take it on a couple of very early morning walks, and was pleasantly surprised at the combination of throw and spill and the useful levels. The beam is 'soft' and easy to look at.

Time will tell how it will hold up, but it does come with a 12 month warranty. My personal experience purchasing from Amazon sets my mind at ease anyway.

And it's only $28! I will be gifting these....