UK 2L lowest priced way to get regulated light?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any other low priced regulated 123 batt powered lights for useing up the near dead 123s? The LS head runs $16...the light runs $26...$42 total. Is the UK 2L incan any good in it`s own right?

Ken

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: UK 2L lowest priced way to get regulated light

The UKE 2L is a terrific incan light, just kind of overpriced these days. It was reasonably priced when it first came out because the two included 123 cells were worth maybe $8 apiece all by themselves. But 123's have gotten much cheaper since then.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll have to agree that its a great light as well. The build of the light on its own is really good, ABS plastic, waterproof, lightweight, etc.. I totally love it, cos of the runtime in incan mode... It can only get better with the Led head! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'd say get it for the sake of having a 'knockaround', indestructable light! Else you could also try looking or posting in B/S/T for a used unit?

paulr

Flashaholic

The incan is a heck of a lot brighter than the led version, from what I can gather. I have a 4aa eLED on order with the idea of putting the head onto my 2L. But I'm starting to feel that I don't really need the Luxeon head. I carry the 2L as a brighter backup for a 5mm led light, so maybe the underdriven Luxeon isn't enough of a boost.

Badbeams, you could look at an Inova X5. Unregulated, but will run almost forever on near-dead 123's.

On the other hand, most any light (Arc4, Surefire, or whatever) will get good use from a 123 til it's say 85% depleted. That means at $1.25, there's about 18 cents worth of juice left when you change the cell. So to pay for a $40 light with spent-cell savings you need to put over 200 of those near-dead cells through it. If you're using that many cells, maybe you really should change your main light to a rechargeable.

Greymage

Enlightened

The UK 4AA eLED is on sale for only $20 at brightguy. I just bought a second one so I'd have an extra head to play with.