Is this a problem?

turbodog

Flashaholic
I am seeking your "professional" opinions as to whether or not this is a problem.

I had been trying to decide on a streamlight twin task 1L or a 2L or a surefire A2. My wife just left to go out of town for about a week on business about 10 minutes ago. I called Greg @ brightguy and ordered all 3.

=:->

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's only a problem if you can't really afford them. If you can afford them, no problem.

Also, does your wife support you spending large sums of cash on flashlights? If she does, no problem.

So, it comes down to two basic elements.
1) Can you afford it?
2) Does your wife support it?

If the answer to both is yes ..... no problem. If the answer is no to either one, then yes ...... I would say there's a problem.

As far as your choice in flashlights goes ........ sweeeeet!

Mike

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Your problem is going to be when THE WIFE comes back home! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
She's pretty cool about all these. She helped me complete my minimag collection and is asking me to find ANOTHER pink one for her to use personally.

B@rt

Flashaholic
arg-mad-wife-url.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
turbodog said:
She's pretty cool about all these. She helped me complete my minimag collection and is asking me to find ANOTHER pink one for her to use personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give HER the pink one and tell her you can wait until you find another to complete your collection.... *then* tell her you spend a bundle on the flashlights.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I don't think it's a problem, at least not on CPF.

My wife's favorite color is purple. She said I'd never find her a purple flashlight. She now has a purple MiniMag/BB500 R2H/Fraen and a 2D/3x123/KPR112. I have two purple 2Cs waiting for the right mod. She also has a ARC LSH-P, L4, etc. She once told me that I have to many flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

You might want to put a Sandwich in that pink MiniMag. Normal people appreciate nice beams too. I agree with Charliek, give your wife the pink one you have and find another. Part of the fun is in the hunt.

DaveT

Enlightened
The only problem is if you don't give us a rundown of how they compare... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I've been known to bring in the mail after a pause to open the package and dispose of the box...but I've never thought to time it with a trip. That's just genius. Of course, if she's gone a week, that also gives you time to get some other stuff delivered...
Dave

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
a couple returning from a Vegas wedding stopped for the night at a motel, and got into an arguement. He, standing in the middle of the room, took his pants off and threw them to his new wife on the bed, and said "Put these on". she said "these pants are too big for me". He said "Thats right you remember who wears the pants inthis family". After some thought she took off her panties, and threw them to her husband saying "Here you try these on". To which he replied "These are to small. I can't get into your panties!" she then simply replied "That's right mister, and you won't unless you change your attitude!"

Hope it is not a problem for you.

qarawol

Enlightened
It's always easier to ask for forgivness then to ask for permission.

I had the Streamlight 2L and didn't care for the switch. The Surefire A2 is alot better Flashlight - my opinion. (alot more $$ too)

Enjoy...

haley1

Enlightened
Turbodog, just put them with the rest of your lights. If she's like most people she won't notice. If she does then beg and plead for forgivness. I seem to do that on a regular basis. Hmmm. Bravo25, I can' find the words. But sums up marriage for most of us I think. From the male side anyway. You brought the first smile to my face all day, and it's been a long day.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
If women can buy expensive shoes and perfume,
why cant we buy expensive flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

lightemup

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Glad to see I'm not the only one that hides boxes Dave...

Lara

Newly Enlightened
I am not married, but I don't like it when things get mixed up. I think it's bad for the relationship. "Get the flashlights or get sex", "If I can't have the flashlights, you won't get sex" and so on. This is not good.

IMHO, it's best to clarify the money situation, and then both can decide what they want to spend their money on without having a bad conscience. From the money you earn, you put a certain amount away for the rent, food, college etc., and both get a certain amount for their personal spending.

turbodog

Flashaholic
We pretty much just spend whatever we want. We have strangely structured finances anyway. I never said that all 3 of these were solely for me anyway. Gotta go... need to re-track my package from UPS!

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lara said:
I am not married, but I don't like it when things get mixed up. I think it's bad for the relationship. "Get the flashlights or get sex", "If I can't have the flashlights, you won't get sex" and so on. This is not good.

IMHO, it's best to clarify the money situation, and then both can decide what they want to spend their money on without having a bad conscience. From the money you earn, you put a certain amount away for the rent, food, college etc., and both get a certain amount for their personal spending.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I remember when I thought that way too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lara said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Lara; first of all, I'd like to say how nice it is to see a young lady in this forum! Welcome!
Now, about my post... it was in jest. Mostly because it's usually the Woman that threatens witholding of affections for punishment.... the thought of the *man* threatening the same thing over the purchase of a flashlight was my feeble attempt at levity. Sorry about that. Flashlights or sex? Hmmm... can I think about that for a while? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, someday you're going to make a very luck man very happy.
50/50 works well on paper.... sometimes it's 90/10... sometimes NOT in your favor.

kfasold

Newly Enlightened
>>Yeah I remember when I thought that way too.

That would be before getting married??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif