Nitecore TIP 360 Won't Turn Off

Confederate

Enlightened
The TIP 360 is apparently different than the TIP 2017. I just ordered a few TIP 360s for Christmas gifts and one for myself. Mine turned on about an hour ago and won't turn off. I talked to their support people and learned two things: 1) the 360 model is different than the 2017 model, and 2) it's a big problem.

Also learned there's no reset option, which I think is a mistake on a programmable flashlight. The downside is that it comes programmed to stay on about 20 seconds, then goes off. I changed it to stay on when turned on, then leaned that the light draws power when on lockout mode. Why not just turn off and stay off? If turned on/off using both buttons, it also would be an excellent reset. Plus it would use no energy.

While searching for other options I read of others who had problems, then I noticed one was dated 2015 and others dated 2016, so these tiny lights have been around long enough for these problems to have been worked out.

They would be pretty good lights if they'd work. They're very floody, which is nice, but I hate that NITECORE charges $2.99 for the plastic clips. Are they kidding? They don't cost more than five cents each in bulk and ought to come standard with the lights, especially when all they are really good for is to protect the recharging jack. NIGHTCORE's ability to cut corners off a circle has now made me a huge fan of KLARUS.

Anyone else having problems with the TIPs of any stripe?

Last edited:
Hi Confederate, this is NITECORE. First of all, thank you for purchasing NITECORE in the first place. We are sorry that the TIP you purchased is a malfunctioning product, which gave your an unpleasant experience. Would you please PM your contact information for warranty service? Thank you.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
. NIGHTCORE's ability to cut corners off a circle has
now made me a huge fan of KLARUS.
I am a big fan of BOTH Nitecore ans Klarus. I was impressed with the Nitecore TIP when I first saw it. I ordered TWO (one as a Christmas present). It's an amazing light in some ways, size power and tint. There is a 2 second delay to turn on the light; indicative of Nitecore's effort to avoid accidental activation. Apparently a lock out feature consumes power. IMHO an accidental activation consumes ALL power without warning, then leaving you with a "dead" light. I have since added a Klarus Mi6 as a backup on my keys (and ordered another to 'back up' my earlier gift).

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My winter edition tip won't shut off. They want me to send it back to china for the warranty. Isn't there a local nitecore store (meaning in the USA) i can ship it to?