Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Folks,

I'd like to ask what You the customer wants or would like to see?

Consider this a Foursevens "brainstorm" session and just throw stuff out.

Changes to the existing product?A new flashlight?
A new lighting product?Different finish?
Different material?Different battery platform?
Diamonds?
You name it!

As a designer, Jason wants to make lights that you will get excited about, not just exercise his own vision,

so let him know what would get you excited!

Thanks in advance.

SNES

Newly Enlightened
A mini mk2 turbo in raw copper with a high cri led and no pwm would be an instant purchase!

Mill321

Newly Enlightened
GL, thank you for starting this poll. To expand on what thesnark17 said above, I'd like to see the Quark line brought back in some fashion, particularly the following legacy features (credit to reppans for introducing me to what has become my favorite light):

-Broad Voltage (1-4.2) that allows the use of any single battery chemistry
-A well regulated driver, with no PWM, that retains the same lumen output, irrespective of battery chemistry )LiON, Alk, NiMH, etc.)
-Well spaced modes, including a long running but bright sublumen mode.
-electrical path that runs through the threads, to allow for clicky bypass, if the need arises.

New Additions to the above features:
-18650 option
-Titanium option
-Hi CRI emitters

A right angle light/ headlamp, with the features above.

Looking forward to how this evolves
Thanks

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Bring the old polished Titanium lights with nichia Hi CRI and Cree NW like Xpg2 and XPE NW and High CRI.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
I'd definitely like to see more advanced, more programmable UI's. Not being to disable memory mode on 47's more recent offerings was a dealbreaker for me.

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for asking Got_Lumens! I have two distinct needs; a flashlight to illuminate work objects within 5 meters or so, and a walking light that throws a spot much farther out without spill blinding me the way flooders and bare light-bulbs do.

FourSevens' Mini Mark II Turbo works nicely as my working light. More lumens would just blind me at close range. Fwiw, I've carried various ZebraLight SC600's since 2010 before I discovered the Mini Mark II Turbo. They're basically equal, except regarding run-time .vs. length. Please produce Mini Mark II Turbos forever.

For walking, I use an oLight SR52-UT; it throws out to 800 meters. Although, it's a little big to EDC unless I'm being a patrolman or something like that.

Virtually all 18650/26650 lights are floody these days, even the Tacticals and TIR opticals, like the otherwise fantastic Fenix FD65. The obvious exceptions have huge reflectors, my SR52 being one of the smallest that way. Spill angle being the fundamental difference separating working lights from walking lights. Pocket-able throwers have been done before. My collection includes Inova TIROS and an oLight T20 or two. (DIY diffuser)

So, I'm suggesting a single 18650/26650 light with a spill angle around 60 degrees or so; something I can easily EDC for walking. Throw-in a clip-on/slip-on diffuser and I can work with it too! Maybe Prometheus can up-size the Mini Mark II for an 26650 and deepen the Turbo reflector significantly? And, dial-in every lumen that technology can muster for distance, of course. ~grins~

Thanks in advance for considering a walking light like this; I would carry it almost as often as my faithful Mini Mark II Turbo.

Last edited:

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I have been a big fan of Foursevens, but there are definitely some changes that the new management could make to keep me interested in the new products they develop.

1) High CRI emitters, Nichia 219 being the obvious choice.
2) Closely related - where N219 isn't a good fit for a given product, source emitters with reliably good tint. Other manufacturers do it, so can Foursevens/Prometheus. Foursevens' insistence that CW was the only profitable tint has certainly been discussed at length, and I don't mean to rehash that topic... but perhaps the marketing strategy will go in a different direction under new management.
3) Do away with PWM. PWM kept me away from the 2nd gen Preons, and the current controlled Quarks were arguably Foursevens' most popular line. As an aside, I've never owned Prometheus' keychain lights because of PWM, but I do have a number of very similar current controlled lights produced by Lumintop.

zossima

Newly Enlightened
How about a warm-white light with E01 internals (not a battery crusher) that looks like a newer ARC (slimmer, no flats, tapered head, lugged)? The ARC is no longer made.

Maybe a yuji 3200K high cri 5mm LED.

I've had an ARC, Preon Revo, E01, LD01, Mushondt Mako, E05, and an Atom but this light above would be my favorite.

There's just something about a single mode with a 5mm...

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a line of accessories that fit both existing and as yet to be released lights? Lights with no tail switch get trit slots and /or magnets. For all sizes of existing completely round lights a head with updated LED and anti-roll shape. Reintroduce the 18650 body. How about an update kit for the the Maelstrom S-18 to change 6 CR123's to be able to use 2-3 18650's & update the driver & switch?
As mentioned above, copper versions and or Ti and Brass versions of bestsellers. Bring out an anniversary model of the Revo, complete with Neutral LED. How about a QR version of the Mini in CR2 & 16340? Ok, now I need to put more than 10 seconds of thought into this and come back with round 2 ideas.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once I was considering a Preon P1 Copper purchase, but never pulled a trigger because of:

1. PWM;
2. No high CRI option.

At the same time aesthetically it is perfect.

Skyline

Enlightened
I'd be really interested in seeing the next evolution of the Mini Mkii and Mini Mkii Turbo. There is a critical space for single cell CR123A/RCR123A EDC lights and these are the lights I always have with me.

I'm contemplating buying new old stock, but would love to see new iterations.

Thanks for asking.

Latest posts