Imalent        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 121 to 141 of 141

Thread: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

  1. #121

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    I love my quark 18650 body and for my use it’s durable enough to have had no issues. I still am looking for a second 18650 quark body tube for my wife so when we’re camping we both have the same setups. I’ll keep searching for one.

  2. #122

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Many Mini Turbo owners mods theirs into triple.
    If Jason made triple, I believe many will buy.

  3. #123
    Flashaholic* Got Lumens?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by sandalian View Post
    Many Mini Turbo owners mods theirs into triple.
    If Jason made triple, I believe many will buy.
    That's a neat idea.
    Perhaps it could be called the "Mini Mighty" a new design

  4. #124

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?


  5. #125

    Default Re: Hurry up new Quarks!

    Is there any chance for a new Mini AA batch?
    This baby nickel plated would be just awesome...

  6. #126

    Default Re: Hurry up new Quarks!

    Single AA tube ( for QK2A ).

    I have one but it's being used in my QTA Tactical with QT2L-X burst head & 14500 battery for a nightstand light ( 780 lumens 1 minute, then 390 lumens ).


  7. #127

    Default Re: Hurry up new Quarks!

    Quote Originally Posted by 5S8Zh5 View Post
    Single AA tube ( for QK2A ).

    I have one but it's being used in my QTA Tactical with QT2L-X burst head & 14500 battery for a nightstand light ( 780 lumens 1 minute, then 390 lumens ).
    That's one of my favorites for short-pants summer carry. If memory serves me, David Chow/Foursevens sold these for a short time. I think he named them Mighty Mouse.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

  8. #128

    Default Re: Hurry up new Quarks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Agpp View Post
    Is there any chance for a new Mini AA batch?
    This baby nickel plated would be just awesome...
    When you ask, ask big! We want these in polished titanium!
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

  9. #129

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    YES!!!!


    Sent from Tapatalk

  10. #130
    Flashaholic* Got Lumens?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5S8Zh5 View Post
    Single AA tube ( for QK2A ).

    I have one but it's being used in my QTA Tactical with QT2L-X burst head & 14500 battery for a nightstand light ( 780 lumens 1 minute, then 390 lumens ).[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Nice . . .

    I would like to see a newly designed Quark single RCR123A(Battery Tube) that has an added removeable clip, like the QK16L & QK2A. It's the perfect pocket carry size for me.



    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    That's one of my favorites for short-pants summer carry.
    If memory serves me, David Chow/Foursevens sold these for a short time. I think he named them Mighty Mouse.
    A single AA NiMh works great with the new MKIII QK2A. Just don't use a 14500 on a MKIII "A" head.
    I used to use the Legacy LV head on a single 14500 for that little extra . . .


    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    When you ask, ask big! We want these in polished titanium!
    I'll take a Stone Washed Titanium Mini AA please
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 10-27-2019 at 12:30 PM.

  11. #131
    Flashaholic RollerBoySE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    You really should start using the new high CRI LEDs that have been available for some time now.

  12. #132

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by RollerBoySE View Post
    You really should start using the new high CRI LEDs that have been available for some time now.
    From Foursevens -

    The MKIII features the newest
    Nichia 319A with 5000K color temperature and 80+ CRI. It's meant to strike the perfect balance between crisp white beam quality and maximum output.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

  13. #133
    Flashaholic RollerBoySE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    From Foursevens -

    The MKIII features the newest
    Nichia 319A with 5000K color temperature and 80+ CRI. It's meant to strike the perfect balance between crisp white beam quality and maximum output.
    80+ is no high CRI in today’s world, with 95 and even 98 available from Luminus and Nichia.

  14. #134

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by RollerBoySE View Post
    80+ is no high CRI in today’s world, with 95 and even 98 available from Luminus and Nichia.
    Yes, yes. Keep reading. It's meant to strike the perfect balance between crisp white beam quality and maximum output.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

  15. #135

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    I also like CRI80 lights. Actually I like everything from 80 to 9080.
    The efficiency loss for going to 90, let alone 9080 is significant.
    Beyond that low efficiency is a killer and personally I would consider that only for specialy lightning.

  16. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    2,049

    Default Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Hey Chauncey

    You can’t call it “perfect balance between crisp white beam quality” for anything with 80+ Cri?!
    Because if 80+ CRI is perfect crisp white beam then why we all “nichia and high CRI people “ keep looking and buying nichia B high CRI with 92-98 CRI??



    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Yes, yes. Keep reading. It's meant to strike the perfect balance between crisp white beam quality and maximum output.

  17. #137

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Hey ChaunceyYou can’t call it “perfect balance between crisp white beam quality” for anything with 80+ Cri?!Because if 80+ CRI is perfect crisp white beam then why we all “nichia and high CRI people “ keep looking and buying nichia B high CRI with 92-98 CRI??
    I'm not calling it perfect. Jason Hui isn't calling it perfect. The words meant and balance have meaning in the information released by Foursevens. Previous Quark models produce more lumens than the new models. However, the MKIII line, with their Nichia 319A produces a much nicer white beam. There's the balance. I hope this helps you understand what the manufacturer was trying to convey. I purchased both of the new MKIII lights and I'm very happy with both of them. For me, the balance of giving up some output to gain a more pleasing color is perfect, as I wouldn't want or need higher CRI at the expense of fewer lumens.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

  18. #138
    Flashaholic RollerBoySE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Yes, yes. Keep reading. It's meant to strike the perfect balance between crisp white beam quality and maximum output.
    Why not let the customer choose the preferred LED?
    Take a look at what for example: Emisar, Fireflies and Astrolux can deliver.
    you can choose a LED with CRI 95-98 and still get more light than with lights from FourSevens.
    (If you want even more lumens you can opt for other LEDs.)

  19. #139

    Default Re: Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by RollerBoySE View Post
    Why not let the customer choose the preferred LED?
    Take a look at what for example: Emisar, Fireflies and Astrolux can deliver.
    you can choose a LED with CRI 95-98 and still get more light than with lights from FourSevens.
    (If you want even more lumens you can opt for other LEDs.)
    Again, from the owner of Foursevens -

    • 80+ Color Rendering Index (CRI): Meets the ANSI indoor lighting standard - CRI is the scientific measure of how accurately a light source reproduces colors compared to sunlight. I'm obsessed with beam quality, and accurate color rendering is an absolute must. The Nichia 319A we selected has 80+ CRI, which is the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard for indoor lighting. I normally prefer even higher CRI, but to get higher CRI you have to sacrifice brightness. We chose this specific LED because it's the highest brightness available while maintaining a minimum of 80 CRI. Balance, remember? LED selection is absolutely the easiest place to skimp on cost (better LEDs cost more) and "cheap" LED lights tend to have CRI at or below 65. Poor CRI is exactly why everyone used to hate fluorescent bulbs.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

  20. #140

    Default Re: Hurry up new Quarks!

    Quote Originally Posted by 5S8Zh5 View Post
    Single AA tube ( for QK2A ).

    I have one but it's being used in my QTA Tactical with QT2L-X burst head & 14500 battery for a nightstand light ( 780 lumens 1 minute, then 390 lumens ).

    It looks like the retaining ring for the pocket clip is loose. You might want to tighten that.

  21. #141
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boden, Sweden
    Posts
    3,329

    Default Re: Hurry up new Quarks!

    My dream light would have a simple UI and with 3 modes: low, mid and high. Without memory but instead:

    Low: long click from off.
    Mid: short click from off
    High: double click from off and from low and mid.

    The levels could be programable.

    Just dreaming!
    Last edited by Swedpat; 03-15-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •