1 watt, single AA battery River rock flashlight problem.

Praetor1

Newly Enlightened
I've had this very same flashlight for a little over 10 years and it served me diligently as my EDC. For work and home, unfortunately, it seems the (LED) bulb burned out, I've bench tested the bulb, seperate from its body, and it doesn't turn on. So, I've joined this forum, just, today, to ask can any one guide me to a website that I can purchase an equivalent (replacement) LED bulb? The following link is from a candlepowerforums.com post in 2010. I don't know how to post pics on here, from my iPad, yet.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?166261-river-rock-1-watt-AA-flashlight

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased a River Rock about 10 years ago. It was the 2xAAA version though. Was a very bluish tint. Got rid of it a long time ago. To be honest those lights are very outdated. Are you sure you want to bother repairing it? For $20 or even lower you can get a modern light that takes advantage of the latest technology and efficient LED's.

Just a thought. :)

Edit:
From the link you posted, it looks like that 1 watt LED might be a Luxeon LED. I have a some of those LEDs laying around that I'd send you if you want to solder another one on. Years ago I was into modifying the Terralux LED replacement module that upgraded the Mini Maglite with a Seoul Semiconductor P4. So if it truly is a 1w Luxeon, you should be able to find a replacement. And maybe use a P4 for a little more efficiency. Soon thereafter Cree really took over the market but they are not footprint compatible.

From the sound of it you've taken the LED emitter off of the driver board and verified that its bad. If you place a picture of it then we'd be able to verify. I use Imgur.com as the way to place pictures. If you're not sure how to do it still, I can tell you in a couple of easy steps.

Last edited: