Whats the brigthest, longest throwing LED light?

D

duncan_idaho

Does anyone know which LED light has the longest throw, and which light is brightest?

shannow

Enlightened
Do u care about size? Do u care if its a modded light or made by a manufacturer?
A modified mag lite is prob brightest and longest throw.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The Space Needle II (a modified flashlight that's no longer made) probably takes the cake here.
A page I have about it is right here if you're interested.
I believe I measured 3,130,000mcd from it if I remember correctly.
And you can adjust it to a very tight beam so I don't think throw will be an issue. I don't have handy access to woods or another dark area, so this test will have to be up to somebody who has this flashlight and a wooded area to try this in.

cy

Flashaholic
Re: Whats the brigthest, longest throwing LED ligh

Check out this McGizmo shootout

The Mclux PR BB750 X3T has got to be one of the brightest around for a SMALL light (edit: not really a fair comparison w/MRX). I'd be interested in seeing how it stacks up against the upcoming VIP.

jpeg

Enlightened

What about the new lights from TNC?

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't forget the MR-X! It is insanely bright! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

jpeg

Enlightened

Is MR-X a commercially available light? What about the electrolumens tri-star???
here 216 lumens???? Beat that!!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*

id say my ragmag is up there.was made by mr bulk its brights as hect and throws very far if i recall it was measured around 10 k lux

PeterW

Enlightened

Ok, OK, I agree with Charlie on the SNII. There was once a throw comaprison with it against the beat incandescent lights like the MagCharger and Stinger etc, the SNII didn't win, but it came 3rd or so, definately up there with the best. Maybe someone can find the link to it.

The X3T McLux-PR has much wider beam, though it is no slouch in the throw. I got mine for the special flood head, which is unbelievable when you want to find things and clearly place your feet. If/when I get a VIP, I will definately compare them, though I do feel you aren't comparing like with like. Must say I can't wait to see what the VIP BulkHead(TM) will do against the SNII. A possible worldbeating pocket light!

Hope this helps.

PEterW

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

My TWAK'd KL3 with Pelican reflector I got from Chop outthrows my L5 and is a heavy contender to a P90!

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd think the ultimate thrower would be a modded Pelican M8 LED, well over 90% of the Luxeon's output is reflected out in a single beam and no spill AFAIK. Drop in a Lux3 and crank it up to 1000ma - whoah daddy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Heat would be an issue of course. Taking it one step further, an X3T in there would be devastating assuming the "recoil" reflector can handle the larger die. And heat would definitely be an issue with this one.

Jon