Surefire XC1-B comes with black pro enloops?

smeeg

Newly Enlightened
Just bought the new surefire XC1-B and it came with a enloop aaa pro (black)
the first gen (XC1-A) came with lithium aaa(energizer)

can someone explain why they chose the enloop I always though weaponlights were "supposed" to use lithium's for maximum reliability.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I has too guess, it's probably because the Eneloop Pro can maintain a higher output longer than the L92 Energizer.
It seems Surefire is beginning to embrace the use of rechargeables as they have a few 18650 capable lights coming as well (Fury and Scout).

edlex

Newly Enlightened
Thats interesting yours came with pro's. My XC1-B came with a silver 4th gen eneloop. Just bought 4 of the aaa Pro's with the new Pro charger as backup on amazon.

818gtiguy

Newly Enlightened
Mine came with a Enloop pro also. I've had a problem with it killing the battery while in the safe. First time I pulled it out after sitting for about a month in the safe and it was dead. I charged the enloop, verified the light functioned then put it back in the safe again. Two months later I checked the light and it was dead again. So this time I put it back in the safe with a lithium primary. Gonna wait a few weeks and check again. Hopefully it doesn't have a parasitic draw.