Silver and Brass EO1s Are Here!

nbp

Flashaholic
OH YEAH! :thumbsup:

Did I get your attention??? ;) ;)

Ok, so they aren't REAL silver and brass, but seriously, check this out! I put blue and orange E01s in a bugout bag in my car trunk. They were in a ziploc bag with two SF G2Ls, and a plastic battery keeper with a couple CR123s and lithium AAAs, and some cyalume sticks in their packages. Nothing leaked, nothing was spilled. But these two lights' anodizing have faded perfectly evenly to a silver and gold/brass color. You can see the difference in the covered metal where the heads thread into the bodies. I really don't know what caused this. My best guess was the heat of being in the trunk of a black car in the summer, as it is not blotchy, peeling, flaking or otherwise. The color is perfectly uniform and the anodizing is intact. However, the threaded part didn't fade... Isn't this weird??? Has anyone else seen a similar phenomenon?? I personally think they look kinda cool though, one of a kind!

IMG_4918_zpsvyuojgml.jpg

IMG_4919_zpspxymwli9.jpg

IMG_4920_zpsy1t2jody.jpg

IMG_4921_zpspamq4jcf.jpg

IMG_4922_zpsln7zoetu.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
I agree - new metals would be neat! Either way, I don't know what could cause anodizing to fade like that. It's the weirdest thing. And perfectly evenly too!

nbp

Flashaholic
They were in there a couple years, I think.

If you want to do an experiment someone could take their E01 body and put it in the oven on a low setting for a couple hours and see if the color changes. Maybe we can isolate some variables.