How to get Malkoff 3D mag drop-in modded?

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
So I have a Malkoff XM-L drop-in running in a 3 D cell Maglite. It's the original version that Malkoff sold which is rated on their site as approx 750 lumens.

Is there anyone that would be able to mod this to a Nichia 3000K color temp LED? Additionally, if I can find someone to do this, what kind of lumens could I expect? I would assume there would be a decrease.

At the time, I really liked the light but I've since set it aside for several much better lights. Part of the reason for this is the absolutely nauseating color temp. I believe that getting it to 3000K would firmly move it back to my light for taking the dogs out.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Subscribed. I have about a dozen Malkoff Maglite drop ins I would love to have modded like this. I e-mailed Gene a couple times but as has been previously posted he's not doing any custom work. I absolutely love his drop ins, hands down they are the best, but I hate cool tints. A warm drop in would be the perfect light for me.

I don't have much knowledge on this but I doubt the drop in could be modded since the LED is glued down. I'd think you'd have to buy a drop in without the LED from Gene and install the LED you want. If someone were to do this with a warm LED I'd be in for 5 or 6 easy.

I want to say you'd probably be looking at a 10% or so reduction in lumens based on the other warm vs. cool tint lights I've seen out there.