Is the Jetbeam Jet II Pro Cu flashlight made of copper or beryllium-copper?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a Jetbeam Jet II mk last Friday from Amazon. It's been a long wait so far. In the mean time, I took a 2nd look(technically it's at least the 52nd look) at the Jetbeam Jet II Pro, in the brass colored copper body.
I've seen the copper version of both the Jetbeam and the Olight S1 flashlights, both of which come in a golden colored finish, although Olight lists theirs as "rose gold".

This time I must have visited the website of a different online seller, because the specification page lists the Jet II Pro Cu as being constructed of beryllium-copper(some would call it beryllium bronze). I looked at a few more sites and found more inconsistency and confusion regarding the body's alloy.

Personally, as an element collector and having an interest in exotic alloys, the possibility that it may be constructed of Be-Cu automatically makes it more desirable to me. But I would expect it to be more expensive, since not many objects are made of Be-Cu, and its machining requires a whole new level of safety precautions due to beryllium's toxicity when inhaled as dust particles. Special spark resistant tools are about the only other source of Be-Cu products you'll find, and they aren't cheap! So I can't think of a legit reason to use Be-Cu for flashlight construction material..

It would be perfectly safe and harmless to use as a flashlight, unless you grind its surface and inhale the particles(or some similar foolishness). It's copper content would make for superior heat conductivity.

But is it made of plain copper or beryllium copper?

jimbo231

Enlightened
I would guess at copper.....but that's just a guess....why would they go to extensive safety precautions if no benefit to light?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an FYI, Olights Rose Gold finish is sealed so it does not patina like their raw copper. It has been noted by many than in translation from China their use of bronze & copper are not differentiated.