The Fenix-Store        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend A Book, Part II

Unenlightened

Default Re: Recommend A Book, Part II

I like to read japanese novels. I am college student and my major is japanese language. So such kinds of books are interesting to me. Now I working on literature review. I will write about Ryo Murakami. But I want to get some help with it. For example, I found article about definition essay on h which i need to write in the near future

Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams, Dr. Matthew P. Walker (2017).

Flashaholic*

The name of the wind!

Sailing Alone Around the World.

First person to do this, 1896! Written by a sea captain who restored a small boat and sailed around the world. This was during a time when some still thought the world was flat. A spectacular portrait of times in the late 1800s.

Very well researched telling of this outrageous So Cal bank robbery/shootout that preceded and probably exceeded the North Hollywood shootout. I remember following this when it happened only a few miles away, but wasn't privy to the motivation and planning. First major use of "assault-type" rifles that I recall in a bank robbery. Since it occured in a rural somewhat remote area it never that much attention at the time.
    Last edited by SCEMan; 08-21-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Flashaholic*

Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky.

A Dangerous Man (Elvis Cole #18 / Joe Pike #7), Robert Crais 2019.

Unintended Consequences by John Ross. Published in 1996 and the writer wrote it to warn of coming times and to prevent what the book is about. Very powerful and The ATF even attempted to prevent the book from being published. In addition it was banned in Canada from what I found doing research.
    John Ross was from St Louis.
    Don’t Tread On Me

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Unintended Consequences by John Ross. Published in 1996 and the writer wrote it to warn of coming times and to prevent what the book is about. Very powerful and The ATF even attempted to prevent the book from being published. In addition it was banned in Canada from what I found doing research.
    John Ross was from St Louis.
    Yes, a truly excellent novel. I still have my early edition of it. It literally changed policy. But of course there will never be open admission of that fact. After the book was published, all of a sudden there were no more heavily armed Federal raids on compounds full of Americans who simply wanted to be left alone. (Apparently that's a crime, or at least it was.) Enough years have gone by that we can now see that was the case.

Like Upton Sinclair's book "The Jungle," "Unintended Consequences" is one of the most influential books in American history. Having literally changed policy and how things are done in America. Though nowadays the powers that be are content to never mention it, and are happy that it has mainly fallen into obscurity.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

+

Mainly logic & common sense,
    SAS Survival Handbook, Third Edition
    is a good refresher/hone your skills read.

For some reason it's stayed on my nightstand for several years,,,, maybe it's the orange lol

You can get a good used copy for about $10

Love that manual. Have both the standard length and compact cover version. The latter I bought at Borders as they were having a massive going out of business sale.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Same procedure as every year, James:

Dad´s wishlist on 300 pages, to be released by end of this month...

- Chuck Norris??? Never heard of her. -

Can't go wrong with the classics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12