Eagletac Knurling this bad?

Darth_Cholo

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up a second new family light SX30A6 (all AAA nimh powered) and I went with a 6AA light so it's not as easy to lose and for better grip.

Well I found the light to be very slippery. The knurling is all but useless on it. Compared to the Thrunite knurling wich is very grippy and coarse.

Is this normal? If it is i'm putting some gun grip cutouts on some of the handle.

MExZDCUZAcdDzpTevUZ3DPR7HqO6X-qcnq0PyNXk8bAeqnpY2w6mKLFSnKar6mCEUvv2DjH27PQ77k6S7Tfw6mXq5Ui-b3InkVEAC9ozw3iW9arC9KJ7teJnBGaLEWn-DgU2lWmeyBCphamSYVTetiXnBYx-K_vgLrrkdrAvDy7UT43qpklfW24r3S5H44tWn2lxnZkARCAPDvT93Fs-5rfntSIpT5YQe493pfmXMuyWKhjJ8g6_WVKNLpswHf5maKGU35Y4K6RQv_Mv6XpRwbRdhCySLlz7fa_3pCDrUvCX_kWoSzAkPPRWlLLkRVvoofJO5Cj4ptaVO-2kR7g3hYM0DIW2m-pYPg9ialdNMKt090rAkzlOzXExrZrYQQ9E6lfGuRmPgqQJ10c9NzgymyZ9iusK219DXG3io7J-B87p6v-L6EpfmqW12u10-qkfvQjIgNYR6xD6JbWAeOkWu9heIpugbip51bEtPWxYIvyhy-85HkB037-xIKWzIxvVb89_sConU_MojFF_B-NMQ_5U6e7xUytbSSsuJMLdBxdekLaCb32r52OSeFS79EXUQtificFTY5DcY_ObruWq0HZ-EsPr0safIPj9wcJPtXoapuFi2dfmigHkH5xT8fSHN3ame_f345hcoWZWnR3WInOJWLT-4MfGDg=w1432-h1908-no

kj2

Flashaholic
Those finger-groves have no knurling. So the part where you're finger rest, you've no grip. Had a 3x AA Eagletac in the past and had the same design.
Think some grip-tape will solve it.

Darth_Cholo

Newly Enlightened
Those finger-groves have no knurling. So the part where you're finger rest, you've no grip. Had a 3x AA Eagletac in the past and had the same design.
Think some grip-tape will solve it.

I'm referring to the parts where the knurling IS present in between the finger grooves. In the smooth parts is where I'll put the grip tape since it will stick there. The knurling parts are so smooth that the grip tape will probably stick there too.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Eagtac make some of the best lights out there, but with terrible knurling. I have a MX25L3Cvn that I put a three inch piece of mountain bike inner tube on the handle and a MX30L4Cvn that I put a couple of thick o-rings on. Eagtac is short for Eagle Tactical, but their knurling is anything BUT tactical.

Darth_Cholo

Newly Enlightened
Eagtac make some of the best lights out there, but with terrible knurling. I have a MX25L3Cvn that I put a three inch piece of mountain bike inner tube on the handle and a MX30L4Cvn that I put a couple of thick o-rings on. Eagtac is short for Eagle Tactical, but their knurling is anything BUT tactical.

this is my first eagletac light. So far the only things not to like is the UI of the two button system and the knurling. Everything else seems top notch. Love the carrier less battery system.

Darth_Cholo

Newly Enlightened
Man. Keep finding things I don't like. The main hi switch activates a press even when not fully depressed with no audible or tactile press. Notice sometimes wanting to double press or single press I get 3 or 2 presses. Carefully depressed slowly and got switch to activate without click.

Might have to have eagletac warranty look at this. Are these buttons serviceable? I opened up tk40 switch to scrape contact points with a little sandpaper pretty easily.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always been tempted to buy Eagletac, but there is always reports of issues that keep me from buying Eagletac.
Every brand has issues, but I went through enough where I wait until I am sure a certain brand is decent to buy.
I have had good luck with Acebeam which is why I recommended the Acebeam L16 in your other post, but there is still a chance you may not like it.

R.W.D.

Enlightened

You could say the knurling is craptacical 😏