Acebeam        
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: XeVision ULTRA 80-85W Super head mod - SIGN UP NOW

Default Re: XeVision Superpower "Ultra" 80 or 85 Watt (TBD)

Well now, just guess who can't wait!!?? Great news! Thanks!

Karl

Default Re: XeVision 80-85 Watt Standard or Super head (new or upgrade from your current ligh

"...we will offer a complete package as well, for either the normal XVLX70 housing or the superpower housing." Does that mean there may be two different formats..configurations? I believe the current LX70 head can be swapped out for the Superpower head simply by unscrewing one for the other. Will this be the case with the upgrade?

Karl

Default Re: XeVision 80-85 Watt Standard or Super head (new or upgrade from your current ligh

Anyone hear from Dave....?

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by XeRay View Post
    The process has started, our machinist is making a batch of CNC aluminum puck housings for our "XePUCK" ballasts. We are going to make only 10 of these "ultra" ballasts for now with the possibility of only a second run of another 10 pcs later. This will be a very special ballast/bulb system for a select few.
    I will work up exact pricing a bit later as we get closer to knowing our costs more accurately.
    I believe most will be buying upgrades to their existing units, but we will offer a complete package as well, for either the normal XVLX70 housing or the superpower housing.
    At the moment we are planning to offer a 40/85W dual wattage replacement ballast. This seems the best option for users, we believe we have found a way to have a 40 watt low end rather than 50 or 60 watts. We believe this will be an overall more useful combination of wattages. (performance and battery run time.)
    Thanks for the exciting news! I will be keeping an eye on this. I have been following HID on this and other forums for more than a year, waiting for the next big increase in performance.
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post
    "...we will offer a complete package as well, for either the normal XVLX70 housing or the superpower housing." Does that mean there may be two different formats..configurations? I believe the current LX70 head can be swapped out for the Superpower head simply by unscrewing one for the other. Will this be the case with the upgrade? Karl
    The complete package means an entire unit new with upgrade, as well as retrofits of existing units already held by owners.

Forgive the "duh" reply here but, that means that either the LX70 or the LX70 Super head could be screwed onto the upgraded/modified "package..right?

Karl
    Last edited by karlthev; 07-11-2018 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Flashaholic

Forgive the "duh" reply here but, that means that either the LX70 or the LX70 Super head could be screwed onto the upgraded/modified "package..right? Karl
    Yes, that's right, the heads of all 3 (35/50, 50/70 and SP are all interchangeable), none of that is affected by the proposed upgrade.

The process has started, our machinist is making a batch of CNC aluminum puck housings for our "XePUCK" ballasts. We are going to make only 10 of these "ultra" ballasts for now with the possibility of only a second run of another 10 pcs later. This will be a very special ballast/bulb system for a select few.
    I will work up exact pricing a bit later as we get closer to knowing our costs more accurately.
    I believe most will be buying upgrades to their existing units, but we will offer a complete package as well, for either the normal XVLX70 housing or the superpower housing.
    At the moment we are planning to offer a 40/85W dual wattage replacement ballast. This seems the best option for users, we believe we have found a way to have a 40 watt low end rather than 50 or 60 watts. We believe this will be an overall more useful combination of wattages. (performance and battery run time.)
    I know it's a ways off but it's nice to have something to look forward too! Will be an epic light upgrade. Especially good to hear that complete lights will/may be available. The 40/85W dual ballast was a nice surprise. Thanks for your efforts Dan.

Hey Sandy, didya mean July 30th (today!) was the "a ways off" in your post here?? Didya?? Huh, huh??!! If so, "It's been a long....time...comin".... CSNY Nah,not NEARLY too long to be waiting for these fine "flashlights"...."FLASHLIGHTS"???!!!!

Karl

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    will this still be two modes? and if so am i the only one wondering if the lower mode could be more in the 35-40w range?
    Do you think the LX50 might better serve your needs for lower output....? That would much more closely provide you with the 35 watt output level you have have identified....as well as a higher 50 watt level should that ever be needed for your application.

Karl
    ONLY 2 power levels that's 100% for sure. Not possible to be that low with 80 or 85 on the upper setting.
    In fact, the lower setting MIGHT have to even move up from 50 to 60 watts, with a high setting of 80 or 85, not sure of all the details just yet.

I agree with Karl's comment if you want longer run times the 35/50 would make more sense for you.
    50 watts HID is still a lot of light from the high output setting over 5000 lumens.
    good to see the 40W "low" mode came through!

When can we pre order one?. Any body know Price?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arild View Post
    When can we pre order one?. Any body know Price? Thanks
    When I have a price established I will announce it here in this thread. You need to be patient. The SuperPower head will LIKELY be a special order option from us to purchase separately.
    This Ultra is an exclusive to only XeVision, there will ever be made only 10 or 20 upgrade kits. The initial is only 10, maybe a 2nd 10 will be made depending on demand.
    Depending on demand we may sell some complete units as well, not only upgrades as part of the 10 to 20 total units.
    It will likely be September before I establish pricing.

Enlightened

Well its time to start selling body parts to see if I can afford to upgrade my light. Life is good, but light makes it better.

Karl

Karl
    This is only a STRONG interest List NOT an offer for sale, possible pricing shown only to help people determine their realistic interest.

Time to start a numbered list 1-10 for now (Limited edition "ULTRA"), Seriously interested parties ONLY, again maybe units 11-20 later (2nd and last run of 10) depending on interest. The retrofit price will be in the $500 to $600 range for upgrades to existing units (original parts (ballast and bulb) returned to buyer). Likely on the lower end of the spread, but not sure yet. Not including RT shipping (without batteries is much easier), we have those here for testing.

Complete package units/kits (not your unit upgraded) with Std. 70 head (not superpower head) likely about $2,950 to $3000, with Superpower (largest head instead) add about $900 includes the much larger carry case too. Buying both heads could be an option too, TBD later.

New comment: We are going to number (laser) the limited edition units 1 to 10/10 with the numbers to follow the current list of tentative strong interest. if a 2nd batch of 10 is made they would be numbered 11 to 20/20. This is in addition to the S/N's already on the units.
    We will Laser the words XeVision ULTRA 85 into the center body section as well.
    In theory at least, this should make them more collectable and valuable to some people.

1. Karlthev (upgrade)

2. Caseyse (upgrade)

3. Sledhead (upgrade)

4. Toolboy (upgrade)

5. Rasher (Superpower Ultra complete kit)

6. Nativetexan (upgrade)

7. AEHaas (complete kit TBD)

8. sven_m (Upgrade)

9. dairyman3 (upgrade)

10. Karlthev (upgrade 2nd unit)

No-one currently on the waiting list.

Last edited by XeRay; 12-12-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Thank you! Thank you twice!...Beginning my walk to Utah carrying my LEMAX today. See you in a few weeks Dan. Ya'll leave the lights on for me!!

Karl

Unenlightened

Hi,

Please add me to the list. Would also like to purchase an extra bulb and battery.

Quote Originally Posted by caseyse View Post
    Hi,

Please add me to the list. Would also like to purchase an extra bulb and battery.
    Are you looking for an upgrade only or a completely new light ?

Unenlightened

Are you looking for an upgrade only or a completely new light ?
    An upgrade to my LX70,

Dan, put me on the list for an upgrade.

Whew Sandy, thought you were sleeping!

Karl

Would a moderator please contact me regarding this thread? Thanks!

Karl

Would a moderator please contact me regarding this thread? Thanks!

Karl
    PM sent
    ... is the archimedes peak

Thanks. Got it and replied. Thanks again.

Karl

Default Re: XeVision ULTRA 80-85W Super head mod - SIGN UP NOW

.... Let's hear from all you CPFers who may want to take the next quantum step and have the needed hardware designed, produced and bring this project to completion! ....
    Thread title updated, per OP request

Thank you!

I want to add that the upgrade mod to 80-85 will be available to both the SUPERPOWER 70 head and the regular 70 head. Full upgraded lights to be available in the future as well provided demand is evidenced.

Thanks again for the great assist!

Karl

Certainly, cheers !

Flashaholic

Count me in for an upgrade on my LX70

It's a good thing we got onto the list early in the ballgame here. With the limited run of what will be one of the most powerful portable lights, we will no doubt see it as a collectable as well as a stellar performer for years to come! I well remember the upgrading of the first XeVision I acquired years ago into the venerable "BarnBurner", those mods as well performed by Dan at that time at XeVision. I was fortunate in being able to purchase mine from Luxluthor who had gotten it from a member in Canada I believe. It remains as trusty a performer today as well it arrived at the original purchaser's door August 8, 2006--certainly a testament to the reliability of THAT light. The LEMAX we are discussing here is a far distant, major improvement from the BarnBurner and so, I suspect I will NEVER, EVER "wear it out" rather, it will be passed along to my heirs. This is no sales pitch rather, a statement of fact. Limited, custom run, high reliability, long-term collectability.

Karl

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast