Wuben        

Thread: SureFire E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman 200 Lumens?

Default SureFire E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman 200 Lumens?

SureFire has a light on their website listed as an E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman. The ad copy says it does 200 lumens for 4.25 hours on two lithium batteries which are provided.

See: https://www.surefire.com/outlet/e2la...tdoorsman.html

Has this light been previously listed? It's priced as a closeout. Was it already in production and discontinued before it reached the market like the UM2?

Or, is this just a late version of the E2LAA with a revised lumen output with a sticker on the package? Many of the SF LED lights have had their 'SureFire lumens' number increase significantly over the years.

Default Re: SureFire E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman 200 Lumens?

Wow, the page has already disappeared.

Flashaholic*

You can still look at it through the sale email. The bottom link is how I found it. Iíve never seen or heard anything on it. Strange that itís only single mode.

Too late. Sold out.

Flashaholic*

the link is working again just now
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Here's a link to the SF Spring Cleaning Sale page, it already shows 'sold out' for the E2LAA DSS. I should have ordered a few more...

Or not, hope they went to nice homes.

https://www.surefire.com/outlet.html..._source=EOACLK

There must not have been many of these, it took well over a year for the 800 UM2's to sell out. These sold out in less than an hour.

For the record, before the web page disappears again, here are the advertised specs on this light, has it ever been listed elsewhere?

E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman

Single-Output LED Flashlight

Max Output -- White Light 200 Lumens / 4.25 Hours*
    Length 6 .8 inches
    Bezel Diameter 1 .125 in
    Weight w/Batteries 4 .7 ounces
    Batteries 2 AA Lithium
    *Specs for E2L AA are based on using included AA lithium batteries.Surefire recommends using AA lithium batteries to optimize performance.

Description

E2LAA-DSS
    E2LAA-DSS 084871323987

Quote Originally Posted by Vox Clamatis in Deserto View Post
    .... There must not have been many of these, it took well over a year for the 800 UM2's to sell out. These sold out in less than an hour.
    Not sure about that logic, since I would think demand for 2xAA >> 2xCR123A

Maybe less supply, but maybe not ... just difficult to extrapolate, I think
    ... is the archimedes peak

I managed to snag one of these, I didn't even notice that it was a single output until later. Anyone know if this head will fit on my backup mv body?
    Last edited by RedLeader; 03-23-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeader View Post
    Anyone know if this head will fit on my backup mv body?
    It should if the E2LAA DSS is a standard e-series body. The E1B-MV head works fine on an E2E body that I have on the desk. And the E2E head fits the Backup MV body.

The threads and spring lengths were changed on EB1's and EB2's so a lot of e-series LEGO's don't seem to work on those lights.

Awesome, I'll post an update once I receive the light

Wow! Never caught a whiff of this one. I'm kinda pissed. Thought it was some kind of premature April Fools gag when I first saw the link. Doh!

I'm sure in a couple of weeks there will be a few of these on eBay for $300.

Flashaholic*

200 lumens that good for $99
    Too bad is sold out.
    Only thing at 6.8 inches long Ill have to pass.

Although I didn't purchase this light. I did however purchase the g2d rescue light. I purchased right after receiving the email. I'm talking seconds and today I got an update email canceling my order due to sell out. I guess they only had one? So surefire does it again. I dont think I'll do anymore buying of the sale items since they never ship anyway.
    Last edited by teak; 03-27-2018 at 08:44 PM.

I saw the deal going on and didnít even bother. After the Black Friday fiasco, I refuse to purchase their products lol. They make a good light, but I canít support their current business practices.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Quote Originally Posted by teak View Post
    Although I didnt purchase this light. I did however purchase the g2d rescue light. I purchased right after receiving the email. I'm talking seconds and today I got an update email canceling my order due to sell out. I guess they only had one? So surefire does it again. I dont think I'll do anynore buying of the sale items anymore since they never ship anyway.
    Ouch. I got caught in the pre-Christmas sale where SF.com took my money and applied a discount coupon and then, days later when it was too late to get something else before Christmas, they told me that the coupon didn't apply and my order was cancelled. It was a half-dozen Sidekicks for stocking stuffers, not a huge deal but not a good customer experience either.

I struggled through ordering one of these E2LAA DSS lights, tried logging in, then ordering as a guest and finally got them to take my money again. Perhaps the site was saturated with orders after the sale email went out. Then, after a couple of minutes I got an order confirmation on the screen and in my email. I'll try not to get my hopes up after reading your G2D vaporware post. I am mildly curious whether the single-mode 200 lumen E2LAA DSS really exists. And, was I able to snag one?

If you've traveled to remote areas of the world you know how ubiquitous the AA battery is. And how scarce or at least expensive the CR123A cell can be even in international urban areas.

Besides the E2LAA and its weaponlight variants have there been any SF's that take AA's? Seems like one of the headlights years ago would take AA's in one direction in the battery compartment and CR123A's across the battery compartment in a 'dual fuel' setup.
    Last edited by Vox Clamatis in Deserto; 03-27-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Flashaholic*

I have been wishing from SF for a 1xAA for the past 10 years. They don't want to do it. Not sure why. Their 2xAA are way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox Clamatis in Deserto View Post
    Ouch. I got caught in the pre-Christmas sale where SF.com took my money and applied a discount coupon and then, days later when it was too late to get something else before Christmas, they told me that the coupon didn't apply and my order was cancelled. It was a half-dozen Sidekicks for stocking stuffers, not a huge deal but not a good customer experience either.

I struggled through ordering one of these E2LAA DSS lights, tried logging in, then ordering as a guest and finally got them to take my money again. Perhaps the site was saturated with orders after the sale email went out. Then, after a couple of minutes I got an order confirmation on the screen and in my email. I'll try not to get my hopes up after reading your G2D vaporware post. I am mildly curious whether the single-mode 200 lumen E2LAA DSS really exists. And, was I able to snag one?

If you've traveled to remote areas of the world you know how ubiquitous the AA battery is. And how scarce or at least expensive the CR123A cell can be even in international urban areas.

Besides the E2LAA and its weaponlight variants have there been any SF's that take AA's? Seems like one of the headlights years ago would take AA's in one direction in the battery compartment and CR123A's across the battery compartment in a 'dual fuel' setup.
    Oh man..yes I will be curious as to your situation when it comes. I seen this single AA and almost purchased along with the g2d but hesitated. I sure hope all of you get shipping notices and not cancel notices.

Quote Originally Posted by marinemaster View Post
    I have been wishing from SF for a 1xAA for the past 10 years. They don't want to do it. Not sure why. Their 2xAA are way too long.
    One really wonders, when seeing how good their circuitry is on the Titan 15/125 lumen model.
    Think of how great that same driver would be, while running a L91.
    "Tint is within the eye of the beholder." - WoodsWalker

Flashaholic*

100% agree.
    The new Maxvision is fantastic.

Uh oh...

The items listed below are currently unavailable and have been backordered in accordance with the Backorder Preferences you selected.

These items will be shipped as soon as they are available.

For any given order you will only be charged for a single shipment regardless of whether your entire order is backordered or includes backordered items.

Please save this email for reference.

Best regards,
    The SureFire Team
    THESE ITEMS WERE BACKORDERED:
    Quantity Item
    1 (E2LAA-DSS) E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman

And later on the same day that the out of stock email was sent, a UPS tracking number appeared.

The SureFire E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman arrived today in a generic brown SureFire branded inside box with the customary decal, sales brochure and folded paper user manual dated 9-2014. Was this light ever listed in a previous catalog? Has anyone seen one of these in the wild before? Seems like I saw the weaponlight version in a recent SHOT Show video.

The light was in an open clear plastic sleeve, no red box or black and white blister pack as with for example the EB1-MV.

Unlike the light on the sales page below, the DSS came with a familiar shrouded Z68 tailcap. The side of the light says 'E2L AA DSS' and has the patent numbers, does not have 'Outdoorsman' on the side.

https://www.surefire.com/outlet/e2la...tdoorsman.html

I'm guessing that this was a version of the M600AA-DSS weaponlight:

https://www.surefire.com/m600aa-dss-scout-light.html

The specs look similar and the runtime on the E2LAA-DSS to FL1 10% or 20 lumens is in reasonable agreement with the advertised runtime to 50 lumens of tactical light on the M600AA-DSS.

The beam is a tight spotlight like the one on an EB2 and is greenish unlike on the E1B-MV and EDCL-2T that I have for comparison. Will this light be issued once more with an updated emitter and even more lumens perhaps? Or is this the end of the line for the AA Outdoorsman series?

The included lithium Energizer batteries were made in Singapore, not the U.S., and dated to expire 12-2034. Were these lights made in late 2014 or early 2015 perhaps?

The head of the DSS is labeled KE1C and the clip seems to be the same as on other two cell SureFires like the EB2 and EDCL-2T, matte black with no lanyard hole.

In a way I wish I had purchased a couple more of these $99 closeout lights. But I have several greenish spotlight EB1's and EB2's and they have a low mode which I find handy for my non-tactical usage.
    Last edited by Vox Clamatis in Deserto; 04-02-2018 at 10:05 PM.