• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

HDS EDC Executive Pass Around

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS EDC Executive Pass Around

Pass Around Rules:

1. You must post your interest here. Simply post "ME!" to be included.

2. You must PM me your name and address.

3. You must have been on the forum for at least 1 year and have 100 posts.

4. When you ship the light, you must post here that it has been shipped and to whom (CPF name only) and when you receive the light, you must post here that you received it.

5. You agree to use the light, but not abuse the light (you are not me and don't get to shoot it). That is reserved for a special kind of crazy named Hogo.

6. Please post your comments, pictures, beam shots, and/or a review here.

7. Please limit your time with the light to no longer than 10 days, so everyone gets a chance.

8. You are responsible for shipping the light to the next person on the list. You will not ship the light with a battery! You will perform a "Factory Reset" on the light before shipping it and will include the package and manual.

9. You agree to cover the shipping costs to next on the list and it has to include $249 insurance with tracking. At this time, we will not have the light go international. Sorry.

10. Please PM the next person on the list for their shipping info.
This will help the progression of the pass-around, even though I will already have it.

11. I reserve the right to reorder the list.

12. You may guess how many lumens the light is, but you may not put it onto an integrating sphere to figure it out. Feel free to compare output to other lights. I'm not telling the output until after the first 10 have used the light. This pass around isn't about chasing lumens, it is about seeing, feeling, and playing with an HDS. It might be the super secret 400 lumen or it could be set to 50 lumens. The color coded ring has been removed from the light for a reason… and that reason is that I'm an evil SOB.

Here is the list:

1. Gurdygurds will start the pass around as I will be shipping the light to him first.

2. tech25

3. nmiller

4. Crazyeddiethefist

5. staticx57

6. fl0t

7. sgt253

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess the lumens?? Are we talking a possible lumens increase:popcorn: ??

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm waiting for the super secret 400 lumen pass around. I'm trying to eat healthy and may consider freezing my body with orders not to defrost til HDS hits 400 lumens or 10000 cd.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is putting it in front of a spectrophotometer out of the question like the integrating spehere? :devil:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is putting it in front of a spectrophotometer out of the question like the integrating spehere? :devil:

Yes. The pass around is to simply feel, check, play with the light. Once it has been around, I will let everyone know what the output is.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rules are rules :)

LOL! The reason is this: I'm an evil SOB. Well, not exactly. It's an experiment of sorts. You get the light, you play with the light and compare it to other lights not knowing the calibrated output. You make assumptions on the brightness. We all do it, though generally we know, or think we know the output from what is on the packaging. I just compared a 700 lumen (advertised) light to a 200 lumen hds... the HDS looked brighter. Just think of it as a fun experiment. We all know HDS is not known for massive output, so I wasn't worried about sending a 600 lumen prototype out for a pass around, but I do think it will be interesting to see what people perceive the brightness of this light to be.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting for the Executive to arrive. I'll post here when it does.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it's supposed to arrive today. Says it's out for delivery and should arrive before 8pm, but it's 5:30 and no light. If not today, which I'm doubting, then it should be here tomorrow. Excited to give it a whirl.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has arrived.......muhahahaha.......muhahahahahahaaaa.......MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Already been playing around with it and customizing the levels. When it gets dark I'll report back.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok some quick iPhone photos and first impressions. Before I start, I kinda feel lame doing this because this light seems to be pretty much legendary and I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said. But, as someone who never thought they would ever have this light in their hands, this is a cool opportunity so here goes. The size in hand, for me, feels about perfect. Not too big , not too small, and it's a solid chunk. Having said that, I definitely wouldn't call it heavy, but for its size it feels like a very stout tool. First thing I did after the first few minutes of fondling and playing, was to look up a couple quick videos and glance at the owners manual to see how to program it. Maybe not quite as easy to the new Zebralight UI but I was able to program it just fine after a few minutes so not bad at all. Could be that I'm used to the Zebra so doing things differently takes a second to wrap the brain around. I have it setup so that single click on goes to sub lumen, double click from on goes to a nice general all-purpose level, and a click and hold or triple click goes to "high". I put high in quotation marks because I don't have it set to the highest output, but something that looked plenty high to me. This is the first light I've tried that takes a cr123 so I don't want to burn out the battery too quick. One thing I learned from the Zebralight Sc53w that I'm comparing it to, is that I like setting a light up to levels that I find useful and I'm not overly concerned to know the exact output. Knurling. This is a thing for me. I really liked the Malkoff MDC AA lights but the lack of knurling always kinda bugged me. This little Zebra is awesome and it has enough surface features that it isn't slippery but it would be nice if it had some knurling as well. The HDS in hand feels awesome. Great texture, and I said before the size and shape of the body just feel great in hand. Cool white led on this one and while I've been liking neutral or warm lately this has a nice white output. I don't even know if I want to guess what the max output is. Mainly because I don't really care! If a light is bright enough it's bright enough. Not totally dark here yet so maybe when i get to shine it around in the black I'll make a guess. One knock is that the o-ring under the bezel looks like it's been squeezed out and is protruding onto the lens. Took a pic so you can see it. I'd try to weasel it back in, but this isn't my light and I don't want to jack it up!! Smooth reflector that appears to have been licked more than once by Hogo. I take that as a salutation. Speaking of Hogo, I must give a big shout out and thank you for starting this pass around. Here are a few pictures and I'll add more comments as a bit of time goes on. Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on FlickrUntitled by Six Pound Cat, on FlickrUntitled by Six Pound Cat, on FlickrUntitled by Six Pound Cat, on FlickrUntitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

Last edited: