• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Volt Vamp battery drainers

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
All are sold. Thanks CPF!

Hi All,

I have received several requests for my datiLED battery drainers, and finally got around to putting some together using my new PCBs. The new "Volt Vamp" battery drainers are more efficient than my previous builds due to a higher quality inductor and improved board connections. They also use a higher grade N52 Neodymium magnet for the contacts, allowing them to be mounted to vertical surfaces when using an AA or AAA battery.

The low profile Volt Vamp will drain a battery to less than 0.8V while providing usable light. It will continue to light the LED to approximately 0.65V with declining brightness. They are especially good at draining "dead" cells, or what I prefer to call "partially depleted".

zFXaIr1.jpg

qX5Z16k.jpg

YFT8oqI.jpg

xHaMPHL.jpg

The Volt Vamp battery drainers feature:
Nichia GS COV bin LEDs.
High quality N52 grade neodymium magnet connections. The ground connection has 3 pounds of holding force.
Teflon jacketed silver plated copper stranded wire, mechanically anchored on both ends with solder and epoxy.
Epoxy encapsulated components for durability and environmental protection.
Works with any 1.5V cell. DO NOT use with CR123 or rechargeable cells.
Ideal for power outages, camping and travel.
Easily fits into Altoid tin emergency pack, bug out bag or luggage.
Can be anchored to any ferrous metal surface. Will support an AA cell on a vertical surface, or suspended from the ceiling. Note: Some cheaper alkaline or carbon zinc cells are not made with steel contacts.

There are a total of 12 8 0 available. $14 each, or two for $27. The first "I'll take it" posted in this thread takes preference over other communication. Price listed includes First Class postage within the U.S.

A word of caution about the neodymium magnets used in the battery drainers; they are unusually strong, and will jump to magnetic and ferrous objects. Neodymium magnets are brittle, and could crack or shatter if allowed to slam together. Neodymium magnets can affect electronic devices if allowed to come into contact.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: Volt Vamp battery drainers

I'll take one please ....

And is there any possibility of getting these with a Yuji, if I were able to send you the emitter(s) ?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

And is there any possibility of getting these with a Yuji, if I were able to send you the emitter(s) ?
PM sent. Thank you.

I can add a custom LED to one, or more battery drainers. However, due to the way that they are constructed, I need to assemble 25 at a time. Once the LED and converter boards are joined, they can be separated for final assembly. At the risk of opening up a can of worms, I can also use a 3535 power LED in place of the 5mm LED. The next batch of battery drainers will have several with 4000K XP-G2 LEDs.

I will take one
PM sent. Thank you.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh man datiLED these look just fantastic!

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast

I gotta try one of these. I'll take one. Please pm for PayPal.

edit : PayPal sent !! Thank you

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh man datiLED these look just fantastic!
Thanks! These are (an updated version of) the PCBs that I was working on last year.

I gotta try one of these. I'll take one. Please pm for PayPal.
PM sent. Thank you.

I would challenge you to get some batteries that will not power other devices, and see how long they will produce light using the Volt Vamp.

archimedes

Flashaholic

PM sent. Thank you.

I can add a custom LED to one, or more battery drainers. However, due to the way that they are constructed, I need to assemble 25 at a time. Once the LED and converter boards are joined, they can be separated for final assembly. At the risk of opening up a can of worms, I can also use a 3535 power LED in place of the 5mm LED. The next batch of battery drainers will have several with 4000K XP-G2 LEDs.

PM sent. Thank you.

Sorry for the delay while CPF was temporarily down ... :paypal:

I don't have enough extra Yuji to send you 25, unfortunately, but may be interested in one of your next batch using an XP-G2 (4000K)

There have been a couple of group buys of the Yuji here, and if you have the chance to check these out sometime, I highly recommend it. There may still be someone around who might be willing to sell you 25 for a nominal amount. The 5mm emitters hardly cost anything, but the problem has been the minimum order quantity of 1000 pieces direct from the manufacturer (plus shipping, which only adds a negligible amount per piece on such a large order)

Anyway, thanks much for continuing to create and release cool products for us here on CPF, instead of shifting over to other (massive and impersonal) platforms .... Cheers !

Last edited:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ill take one if any are left. Two if possible