FourSevens Mini 123... Cloudy Lens

staples57

Newly Enlightened
Asking the experts...

I have a FourSevens Mini 123 (original version); approximately 3 years old.
I just realized that the lens has a slight cloud-white ring around the edge.
...nothing that inhibits light or normal operation
This appears to be on the inside of the lens, not the outside.
I have no idea if this has been like that from day one or not as I just noticed it.

Has anyone experienced something similar?
Does anyone know if the head of the flashlight can be disassembled to clean the lens?

Cheers!

sandalian

Enlightened
Yes, it can be disassembled.
Open the head and you'll see two tiny notches on the driver board.
Use sharp tweezer and turn to left (counter clock wise) to loosen the pill inside the head.

Once the pill is loosen, you can keep twist to the left to remove the pill and have access to the lens.

WolfJaR

Banned
FourSevens Mini 123 Cloudy Lens

My headlight lens is somewhat cloudy and I wondered if there is a way to clean the grime off without scratching the glass? Has anyone had success here?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FourSevens Mini 123 Cloudy Lens

My headlight lens is somewhat cloudy and I wondered if there is a way to clean the grime off without scratching the glass? Has anyone had success here?
Try running it under and washing it off with hot water. You can stand the light up in a coffee cup in the sink, and pour/trickle boiling kettle water if needed. Once the bulk of debris has been removed switch to a lens paper and glass cleaner, or wash using more hot water.

The heads of the Mini's are locktited shut. The adhesive sometimes can be unstuck by boiling the light in side of a plastic bag for 20 mins. If You try and unscrew the pill without breaking free the locktite You will destroy the board. A good quality needle nose pliers or a precise spanner wrench is needed to insert into the small PCB tool slots.