It's a girl!!!

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
It\'s a girl!!!

Well, I got back from the hospital late last night, and I'm happy to announce that at 7:30 am yesterday morning, my wife Lisa gave birth to Emily Lavonne Miller, a happy 9 lb 6 oz bouncing baby girl. Yet another future flashaholic has entered the world!

Of course I had plenty of flashlights with me in the hospital, a couple of ARC AAA's, my ARC LSH-P, E2e w/ E2C and P61, Inova X5T-HA, and a Quiqlite. My wife was in labor for eight hours (fifteen months ago for our son, she was in labor 23 hours), so while she was resting with the lights off, I used the QuiqLite clipped to my shirt pocket to read,it worked great. I also used an ARC AAA on a BP mini-clip clipped to a Titanium chain around my neck quite a bit too.

Well, with two little ones around the house now, life just got a whole lot busier. I'll be switching back to the night shift at UPS and staying home during the day to take care of the kids while my wife works. Maybe I'll get some sleep when they start school /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

-Keith

B@rt

Flashaholic
Re: It\'s a girl!!!

congrats.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

CONGRATS Keith! Having no kids, I don't really get it. But my best friend has two little boys, and it's chaos over there! Best of luck and a big HI to the whole family.

daloosh

how many pockets do you have? do you always EDC six torches, or was this a special occassion?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't always EDC six lights, but if I'm going to be away from home or the car for 24 hours or more I frequently do, clothes permitting. I was wearing a tan pair of BDU pants along with a button down long sleeve shirt from Cabelas with two bellows pockets on it, along with two hidden zipper pockets behind the main pockets. I also had on my person, a Buck Mayo TNT knife, Leatherman Side-Clip, spare AA, AAA and 123 batteries, Ti Zippo, $10 in quarters, cell phone, and various other necessities, and still had plenty of room left in my pockets.

-Keith

stockwiz

Enlightened

Congratulations! Looking forward to the day when I have a few of my own. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

notos&w

Enlightened

congrats! the next few months in particular will be quite an experience.
how'd you keep your pants up with all that stuff in your pockets? dont go near the MRI room.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*

Welcome to "The Secret Society of the Fathers of Daughters"

They seem easier when they are young, but , as a friend of mine says - Wait till they turn into teenagers. It's not THEM that you worruy about... It's the boys - you remember what YOU were like at the same age, and what went through your own mind....

Spudman

Enlightened

Congratulations
Little girls are special. I have one of each and they are each their own person. It's a good thing you have those lights handy, 'cause it's gonna be no sleep for the big people.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hornet

Newly Enlightened

Congratulations!!!!

What a great feeling! We also had a baby girl just over 5 weeks ago. I think you will find the flashlight fund will dwindle drastically. I know mine has.

Dana

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congratulations. Our first child was a girl. I had wanted a boy, but when I saw her and took her home I loved her so much I was glad that we had her and not a boy.

Then when my wife was pregnant again, I was worried that if it was a boy, could I love him as much as my little girl. It was a boy, and yes I loved him just as much.

Children are such a blessing, and the older I get the more I realize it. Mine are in their 40s now and have turned out real well. I don't claim to have known how to raise them, but the Lord took care of that. If I had ten more I am not sure I would know how to raise them as each one is different.
Psalms 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Proverbs 22:6 ¶Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

All I can say is AMEN.

Jerry

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words, advice, and Bible verses. Our son is 15 months old, and worrying about his future and him growing up is nothing compared to my fears and anxiety about raising a daughter, especially through the teenage years. I'm already planning for bars on her windows, deadbolts on her bedroom door, and a security system for her room. Like was mentioned, I'm not worried about her choices as much as I am about those of her future teenage male peers. Hopefully the fact that I am a 250 lb teamster that owns multiple firearms will strike at least a little fear into the teenage ruffians that will inevitibly be prowling around my daughter.

-Keith

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

YAY!!! Congratulations!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Mike