Heartland America 16 LED flashlight?

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
This Heartland America 16 LED flashlight claims to be as bright as a 525W standard bulb(!)

95785.jpg

QUOTE:
This Flashlight features 16 LEDs that produce a beam that's roughly equivalent to a standard 525W bulb. And because the light is focused in the same direction, it's much brighter.
UNQUOTE

There's also a 3xD cell 10 LED version

Any comments?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should be in LED Forum.

Other than that, I do not believe the 525 Watt light bulb claim one teeny bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heartland usually doesn't make errors like that. They must have copied the AD copy for that light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
5.25W, maybe 52.5W... never 525...
Considering a 60W soft white bulb is about 870 lumens, I'd say that 5.25W would be the most accurate approximation. Or maybe they're going by "candlepower"... the idiots...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
yes ... one comment ...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif
don't we LOVE those claims of some manufacturers ?
bernhard

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Charles Bradshaw said:
This should be in LED Forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right - I have browser bookmark/link that used to point to the LED forum, which seems now appears to point to this Electroluminescent/Lasers Headlamps/Hybrids section.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I've corrected my link/bookmark and will go post over at LED.

My apologies for the mistake here.

haertig

Newly Enlightened
Hey, you could use this bright little sucker with that wonder 2000x $39 telescope you got from WalMart. You could use the flashlight to add "extra light" to those distant stars 2M light years away that are too dim for you to see!