Nitecore MH23 ui problem

wulfbyte

Newly Enlightened
I am hoping someone could help me out solving an issue I have with a Nitecore MH23. I recently purchased it and on it's first attempt to recharge the battery with the built in charger, everything seemed to go ok, but when I removed the charging cable, pressed and held the power button, it just flashed the turbo mode and then died. I unscrewed the cap and re-tightened and I got the code flash for a full battery (4 and 1, so not quite full) and if I half press for a moment it goes into low mode as it should. I can then cycle through the power levels (but not turbo) and if I turn it off, it will return to the selected level. If I try to cycle to turbo, I get the flash and ui lock until I loosen and tighten the cap.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be so and more importantly, how can I fix it?

I'm using a Nitecore NL189 3400mAh 18650 as the power source.

I am hoping someone could help me out solving an issue I have with a Nitecore MH23. I recently purchased it and on it's first attempt to recharge the battery with the built in charger, everything seemed to go ok, but when I removed the charging cable, pressed and held the First of all, thank you for choosing NITECORE. Regarding the MH23, it is a 1800-lumen high performance flashlight, so it requires IMR battery or high performance battery with output ≥ 8A. We recommend to use NITECORE NL1835HP (3500mAh) to fully drive the MH23 to turbo. For more details, you may check the battery options in USER MANUAL. I hope this answers your questions. If any question, you are most welcomed to contact us: [email protected]

power button, it just flashed the turbo mode and then died. I unscrewed the cap and re-tightened and I got the code flash for a full battery (4 and 1, so not quite full) and if I half press for a moment it goes into low mode as it should. I can then cycle through the power levels (but not turbo) and if I turn it off, it will return to the selected level. If I try to cycle to turbo, I get the flash and ui lock until I loosen and tighten the cap.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be so and more importantly, how can I fix it?

I'm using a Nitecore NL189 3400mAh 18650 as the power source.

First of all, thank you for choosing NITECORE. Regarding the MH23, it is a 1800-lumen high performance flashlight, so it requires IMR battery or high performance battery with output ≥ 8A. We recommend to use NITECORE NL1835HP (3500mAh) to fully drive the MH23 to turbo. For more details, you may check the battery options in USER MANUAL. We hope this answers your question. If any question, you are most welcomed to contact us: [email protected]

wulfbyte

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the reply, that seems to have been the case. I have a new battery on order (a NITECORE NL1835HP) and a temporary fix of a pair of cr123's that lets me run the ui as it normally should. The MH23 is my sixth Nitecore, and the first one to give me any kind of trouble. It's nice to see that's it's just a simple fix of getting the right power source.