My Sonic-G failed!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Sonic-G from CountyComm 2 days ago. I was impressed with it, and put it on my key ring. I've used it several times in the past couple days, with it performing flawlessly, as it should. Tonight, as I was emptying my pockets after work, I tried to turn on my Sonic-G, but it didn't light up. I tried several times, in fact. I tried 2 different new batteries, that I knew were good, to no avail. I tried cleaning the inside, and the tailcap, even though they weren't dirty. Still didn't work. I checked the CMG website, and dropped them an email describing my problem. Then, I came here to CPF. As I was reading some other posts, I was tapping head of the Sonic-G on the table. Huh, it blinked each time it struck the table. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I kept tapping it, and eventually it stayed lit. I've played with it for a while now, and it seems as good as new. Could it just have been a little dirt or dust somewhere in the head? Has anyone else experienced this?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, scratch that, the problem is back. Now it flickers if I squeeze the head of the light, and I have to tap it to get it to light.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had the same problem with two Sonics. I think it is a common problem with some lots.

I called CMG, and they have sent me a new one, and included a postage paid envelope to return the faulty one. They are easy to deal with, but I admit that my emails have not gotten much attention. Call them, and they will take care of it.

Jerry