• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Getting ready to order a light from Oveready but want to confirm the configuration

sbsawler

Newly Enlightened
Hello:

I am guilty of chasing lumens with my collection of Olight, Surefire, Fenix etc lights. Recently, I have started looking into custom lights. I'm waiting for the BOSS 35 or 70 to be in stock but in the meantime, I thought I may start to collect some parts to LEGO together torches as needed. My question for the group is will the following engine and host work together:

• TorchLAB v5 Triple - Thirty Three Level Drop In (3500L)
  • Unified P20 host with the ZeroRez tail switch

My hunch is that the engine needs at least two 18350s whereas the host only houses one. I started looking at hosts on Solarforce but got a bit lost in the choices.

My apologies for, what I am sure, is a basic question but as I noted, I'm only just beginning to explore customized lights.

Scott

archimedes

Flashaholic
That TorchLAB v5 Triple actually uses the same light engine as the BOSS ... so running on a single quality IMR18350 should be just fine.

The max output is limited in the same way that the BOSS 35 is limited versus the BOSS 70 (17W vs 30W) , of course.

I'll let others more familiar with the host you mention address any fitment concerns, since I don't have any experience with the "Unified" parts, however.

Last edited:

sbsawler

Newly Enlightened
That TorchLAB v5 Triple actually uses the same light engine as the BOSS ... so running on a single quality IMR18350 should be just fine.

The max output is limited in the same way that the BOSS 35 is limited versus the BOSS 70 (17W vs 30W) , of course.

I'll let others more familiar with the host you mention address any fitment concerns, since I don't have any experience with the "Unified" parts, however.

Makes perfect sense: thank you kindly.

Scott

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it were me I'd go for the P70 host.
I have a V5 Wasp which has the same engine as the Drop In.
While you can run it on a single 18350 the run time at higher levels is quite poor even with an 1100mah cell. Running it on a 18650 the runtimes are so much more useful and the slightly lowered output is not really noticeable. You could then also use two 18350 cells for maximum output but the runtime even at the same level as the 18650 max is still not as good.
I tend to use the light with a 18650 for everyday use with a couple of 18350s to satisfy my inner child.
Good move going over to Oveready, the quality of their gear and After Sales is fantastic. Your patience will be rewarded.
P

Damn, the P70 is out of stock, sorry.

Last edited: