• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ILL PILL KIT - NX05 Optics Now In Stock

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the thread for the $5.00 ILL PILL KIT.

The ILL PILL is the simplest DC/DC Luxeon driver available. One IC, coil and Luxeon is all there is to the circuit.

This is the perfect kit for low cost experimenting with Luxeons, and other LEDs in 2AA flashlights. While the circuit isn't the brightest, or the most efficient, it is the simplest and lowest cost.

I have these to get started with:

illpill.jpg

So, I can drill and punch these out to make a few kits. The $5.00 kit would be just the two circuit cards, IC, toriod, o-ring, and wire required to assemble an Ill Pill. You would need to supply Luxeon and NX05 optic.

I will post the detailed assembly instructions here later (after I make them).

Stay tuned, DC/DC on the cheap coming......

Express your interest here, kits will be offered to those on this thread in order of response.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
Re: ILL PILL KIT

dang it..... I'll take 2 as well..(maybe 4) OK I'll take the four.

cant you people see I have spent enuf money this week ... :)

It is all I can do not to get a nanomate.Now that I'm sending money your way anyway It'll be even harder.

so where do I PP for the kits?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am interested in 4

can you assemble these kits for us? so we just need to attach the luxeons? soldering and assembling these pieces ain't my expertise, so please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

vacuum3d

Enlightened

Hi, I'm a newbie here. Thanks for offering such inexpensive item here to help out people like get started on this flashlight modding thing. I'm interested in 4 please. When do I send PayPal?

jtice

Flashaholic

So these are basically like a resistor?
They dont boost or anything?
And are not regulated?

They are basically a nice way of having a platform for a LS to be placed on , and placed in a light?
Something like a sammich module, without the circuit?

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast

JTice, it is a booster kit. the IC and Coil step up from 3v, I would quess it is running wide open under 350mA output. ie 'not the brightest or most efficient' line.
Jeff

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ticey, they are a step-up curcuit, but of a much different kind than the badboy/madmax.

a resistor in a minimag? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

..... sorry guys.

LOL, looooong day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn man I hope you didn't forget about me! I go to class for a few hours and all of a sudden you have them again, hope I did not miss out again.. Does my post form last run count at all ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif ... I'll take 4!

If possible 2 with optics 2 without but 4 for sure either way..

also would these work If I slap on a lux III?