McAfee's New Subscription In Sneakwrap

Empath

Flashaholic
McAfee\'s New Subscription In Sneakwrap

Since it appears that McAfee isn't making it obvious that new annual subscriptions to their virus checker include an agreement to permit them to automatically charge your credit card each year automatically, I thought perhaps any users here might want to know.

It is a bit disheartening that so-called respectable businesses are slipping deeper and deeper into the slime once populated only by the ones viewed as unscrupulous.

richpalm

Banned
Re: McAfee\'s New Subscription In Sneakwrap

I wouldn't use McAfee if you paid me to take it anyway... I tried it once and the updated definitions wouldn't download, caused lockups, etc. IMO it is junk. Been using Norton for last 4 years with no problems at all.

This sounds like a scumware tactic to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rich

Avix

Newly Enlightened

gotta second Richpalm on this, thier reputation is quite poor. poor support, lots of problems with corperate and govt customers. lots of problems with causing backlogs on mail servers.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

McAfee Viruscan has performed very well for me and auto updates have functioned seamlessly, though their subscription reups can be misleading and...sneaky. Empath, thanks for the heads-up.

Brightnorm

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Thanks Empath,

(Probably Norton will be next- business models you know.)

Larry

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

I liked McAfee a lot better before Network Associates bought them.
All down-hill from there.