Angryfox        
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Very Few New Posts?

Default Re: Very Few New Posts?

Quote Originally Posted by heelsthrow View Post
    I want to see mo recent posts too.
    Says the guy with an average of 9 posts per year.
    John 3:16

OUCH! That left a mark.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I suppose mr throw was saying, "well heck if nobody else is gonna post I suppose I will then"....

Meanwhile somewhere in Virginia it's raining again.

Practice your product photography
    Last edited by StarHalo; 06-12-2018 at 07:20 PM.

That is some funny excrement, that right there is. Where the heck did you get that, and what is she, other than articulate?

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

For 27 years, I have worked as a photojournalist national, and worldwide. I have agents in Beverly Hills, New York, Paris and Germany. In addition to my photo work, I give motivional talks on what it has been for me to work in H'Wood, DC, a large Fortune 100 photographer, and as a military contractor. I do these presentations to corporate meetings, and trade associations a key note speaker. I also do photo instructional seminars.

I just returned from a nation wide tour of events, and, yes I have a different agent for this work. My wife, being friends With a local high school principal, who then asked if I would put on a presentation to the school...well, of course I would, free of charge.

This is a huge school with 3000 students, and I did Three days in their large theater. I brought some of the most exotic equipment to date and gave them a run down what it is like to move with the president, celebrities, shoot major sporting events, be embedded with the military as a contractor.

Then with the first of six goups over three days, I asked them what they thought of FACEBOOK! The response from all of them was we hate Facebook, and only a hand full of them, 30 total in two days raised their hands in support of FB!!!

They hate it! Now these are not millinneal's who are Gen. Y, they are Gen Z, and they all hate Facebook. I was amazed, and, loved it as a Facebook hater I felt wonderful that they will not have the next generation of, at least the USA, the most coveted.

I quized each group with the large audiences I had and they all said basically the same thing...we don't want to be where grandma, mom and dad are. The shouted out a decentralized stream of sites I have never heard of.

Also, they knew of FB's crooked BS. Can't wait to see Zuckerberg be eight homeless compared to his 20.

So as I told my friends and colleagues years ago, generational change will get FB, look at how popular MySpace was, now no one really knows what it is.

So, good luck Zuck!
    Last edited by RedLED; 06-12-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

Now on to the Facebook flashlight page people. On a recent post in the McGiz. sub forum, they were all boasting about clips with skulls, dragons...stupid things like that. (GO check it)!

If You are 12 or younger, that junk is fine, however as an adult, for me to have a skull clipped to my pocket would be noticed, clearly by USSS, CEO's, publicists Executive VP's, and many high level people. They would not get it, and I could loose six figure projects because of something totally unconventional in the real world.

No serious high level people would understand a grown man with credentials with a skull, or worse, a dragon or Templar cross clipped to their pocket. Just DUMB in my opinion.

Frankly, it could be embarrassing, and frowned upon by people's employers, and they would not even be aware of it. If nothing else as stupid, could lead to no promotion for you, even in a low level position.

But, hey...good luck!

One fool replied he wanted to add a "little death" (On the McGizmo forum) to his light! First, I don't get the concept of adding death to a flashlight? Makes no sense. And this past week, I lost a USAF Master Sgt., who I was friends with for 30 years, and he helped give me the greatest honors of my life and with that made my business flourish beyond what I could ever imagine.

I lost a dear friend of mine, last year, and who was Sinatra's, dear friend, who made me Sinatra's photographer for the last years of his life. And a friend of my wife and mine is dying. Also, a friend from JHS in 1973, I have known for 45 years, has cancer, had a heart attack, then had his brother killed himself by blowing his head through the roof of his car with a shotgun. Safe to say I'm sick of death. Infact, my entire family is gone, Vietnam, old age early illisnesses.

So this Cat can take his death wish skull clip from FF FB and....you figure it out where he can go!!!!

I'll never go on FB!!

RL
    Last edited by RedLED; 06-12-2018 at 11:44 PM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Default Very Few New Posts?

RL, I think your post comes off as both disparaging and pretentious.

Our own flashlights are our own flashlights: we should be free to decorate them as we so choose. While perception of the clips you mentioned may play a factor in the real world, the reality is that many people use the clips you have condemned. In other words, you are effectively putting those people beneath you.

The user you called a “fool” was simply being playful IMHO, hence the emoji. I dislike how the original topic of this thread has been equivocated; I don’t normally speak up on matters like this but felt that something should be said.
    Last edited by the0dore3524; 06-13-2018 at 12:22 AM.
    My website: https://precogvision.wordpress.com (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    RL, I think your post comes off as both disparaging and pretentious.

Our own flashlights are our own flashlights: we should be free to decorate them as we so choose. While perception of the clips you mentioned may play a factor in the real world, the reality is that many people use the clips you have condemned. In other words, you are effectively putting those people beneath you.

The user you called a “fool” was simply being playful IMHO, hence the emoji. I dislike how the original topic of this thread has been equivocated; I don’t normally speak up on matters like this but felt that something should be said.
    I just want to second to this comment before this thread gets flagged down. HGR my friends! Take care.

Talking Re: Very Few New Posts?

Everyone comes in reply and there are more people posting

RedLed, please walk away from this thread. Your contribution here is not appropronate, and is disruptive re the theme of this thread.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jackchen View Post
    Everyone comes in reply and there are more people posting

New members are welcome and do mean more posts!

This one's for you, Red.

~ CG

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    RedLed, please walk away from this thread. Your contribution here is not appropronate, and is disruptive re the theme of this thread.

Bill
    Yup - this.

I don't want to shut down this thread and won't unless it goes TOTALLY off the rails. So far I think it has been interesting and even fun at times! Posts like RedLed's are NOT the kind of posts CPF really needs or wants in ANY of it's forums. The reason I have not deleted them is because they are a good example of why sometimes fewer posts is actually a GOOD thing... Self aggrandizing posts that are little more than a quite boring and inflated CV that also belittles and insults others are not what CPF is about... and never will be. We've had this conversation before RedLed... let's not have it end the same way it ended before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    That is some funny excrement, that right there is. Where the heck did you get that, and what is she, other than articulate?
    That's Vanna-chan, my product model. She poses with all my completely normal non-themed lights..

Would just like too add, there have been quite a few more regular posts recently(or more so after the search work was finished by Greta). That is what stumped me, sure this thread was started prior and when the search was not available. I am on here every day.............several times a day(its like home for me). So as i use the search with the "new posts" section, i am always seeing new threads or posts popping up.

Dont have all the stats, but wonder if during the summer(i know its not everyone's summer) or lighter evenings/nights, posts are not as frequent. Then come winter(fall), posts build up with the darker evenings and when maybe more of us get to enjoy our portable illumination tools of various flavours. As i use lights regardless of the time of year , daily in work, i still get good use out of them all year round. What does frustrate me though, is more limited use around the house in the evenings. As its not even dark fully when i go to bed.................. I tend to be in bed for 10 ish or not much after, up at just gone 5(light then as well).

So thaaaaaaaatz how you spell aggrandizing. Remember Robert Vaughn (as Chalmers in Bullitt) used that term to Steve McQueen (as Frank Bullitt) when he found out Steve had hidden the star witness against 'the mob'?

I just figured folks with skulls on their clips roads Harleys and wore black leather and the flashlight was an accent to all that stuff.
    Live and let live I say.

But regarding fewer posts, it seems to be an ebb and flow thing. And I definitely agree the Malkoff thread is sucking up a lot of posts.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 06-13-2018 at 02:54 PM.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...alkoff-threads

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    [...] And I definitely agree the Malkoff thread is sucking up a lot of posts.
    This is an interesting topic in itself;

I have split off this topic into a standalone thread cited above, at the beginning of this post.
    (copy & pasting isn't working well for me at the moment)

Thank you,
    Last edited by Kestrel; 06-13-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Flashaholic

Steve McQueen collected and rode antique motorcycles. Regularly seen around m/c swap meets, I don't remember seeing any iron crosses mounted on his Indian Chief.. Well except for in the Great Escape m/c chase scene!
    Last edited by knucklegary; 06-13-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    That's Vanna-chan, my product model. She poses with all my completely normal non-themed lights..
    I think she would look better in a little red dress, while modeling.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Regarding skulls on clips: They'd make my Cold Steel Rajah II stand out just a bit too much for my taste.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Lets turn this one into "the Malkoff Junkie now flashlight junkie post thread" ....

In this one we've covered facebook, steve macqueen, skulls and nearly the kitchen sink of why or why not people post or don't. Only thing missing is Greta's grandson pix....

I’m still stunned you sat through all of Bullitt; everyone knows you skip to where the jazz music starts, then turn it off after McQueen puts it in the ditch.

Nowadays we just watch Gymkhana:

Last edited by StarHalo; 06-13-2018 at 06:05 PM.

...... Only thing missing is Greta's grandson pix....
    I will have brand new ones on Friday when I get to hug and kiss on him in person!!!

And then we're going to Comic Con on Saturday where he will get his picture taken with his namesake actor Alan Tudyk! .... Added bonus: Mom and Mimi get their picture taken with Jason Momoa!!
    Last edited by Greta; 06-13-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Have fun, sounds like it's worth waiting for.
    P

I'll have a picture of a new stainless steel farmhouse kitchen sink in about 6 weeks for you...

Lets turn this one into "the Malkoff Junkie now flashlight junkie post thread" ....

In this one we've covered facebook, steve macqueen, skulls and nearly the kitchen sink of why or why not people post or don't. Only thing missing is Greta's grandson pix....
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    I’m still stunned you sat through all of Bullitt; everyone knows you skip to where the jazz music starts, then turn it off after McQueen puts it in the ditch.
    LOL!!!! Great movie! And not as much cheese as you would expect from a late-60 movie.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    And then we're going to Comic Con on Saturday
    That's exciting! Have fun!

Steve MacQueen, stainless kitchen sinks and grandson pix....

Nice

What was our topic again??? . (Guilty as charged...)
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast