Rainbow of LEDs available??

PeterW

Enlightened
You can get LED's across the full range from IR to near UV (apart from a small gap in the green, it seems). I own a few across the range. Does anyone know or have come across a device which has a full spectrum of different coloured LEDs on it. I tried to make one, but my local shop didn't have some of them and I found that they all need slightly different currents to run and gave different beam pattersns.

My wife once saw a unit which had such a set of LEDs on it, but I fear it may have been a custom built job.

Cheers

PEterW

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The only "transspectral illuminator" I've seen made from LEDs was one I built myself.

chair213.jpg

This was built on the steering arm of my wheelchair, and became broken sometime in late 2002 while I was away from home.
I have not tried to fix it.
This illuminator has LEDs of 11 colors: near-IR, red, orange, neon bulb orange, yellow, yellow-green, green, blue-green, blue, royal blue, and violet; each LED connected to the output of the circuits harvested from a pair of flashing LED Christmas ties.
For a visible spectrum composed entirely of LEDs, this is about as complete as it gets.