DVR Server - Surveillance Systems, anyone?

guncollector

Enlightened
Speaking of surveillance...

Does anyone know of or can recommend a hardy, easy-to-install (relatively speaking) DVR Server - Surveillance System?

Here's what I do know. At the location to be surveilled (in this instance, a subsidiary manufacturing facility of my small company), you will require:

- a PC with a fairly robust system
- surveillance cameras
- DVR Server software
- a static IP address

Am I leaving anything out? I figure I'd tap the amazing collective know-how of this site for some help in this matter.

Any/all help greatly appreciated!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i had some software that used a reg camera. and when it sensed motionv it would upload a pic to a mail addresss ya choose email adress that is i forgot software.kinda off topic i also had software that did facail reconion that was fun.so no one can use ya pc

was_jlh

Enlightened
Haven't used that setup, guncollector. Have run webcamrc under linux using my tv card hooked to my handycam, uploads pix at specified intervals to my website. Very cheap to set up.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
One recommendation... Check the user interface for reviewing stored images/sequences. We had one where I use to work that was state of the art 4 years ago (multiple cameras, motion and zone based recordings, etc.).

It was so difficult/time consuming to review images that nobody ever checked the archives because it ended up taking about 8 hours to review 8 hours of stored data--even when expensive stuff came up missing.

Also, it was kind of flaky when coming up after a power failure.

-Bill