Should I post to Cheers, and Jeers.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read Raggie's post, and I was wondering about my situation. I have been ripped off twice in 2 weeks from ebay. I haven't really had a problem in a couple of years now, but 2 of the auctions I won stated the items were brand new. Both were in unuseable condition. Should I put the user id's up on the Cheers, and Jeers to warn others? I have contacted, eBay, and unfortunately I left positive feedback for them before I realized what I had. I can get neither one to respond.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thats why i like this forum everyone is a1 people even beter then they have to be. all trades on this forum wnet awesume

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading the rules, I don't see how my original post would violate the forum. Even to include the use Id's. These were only the facts, and everyone else can make a judgement as to whether they will enter into a deal with the other parties.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would probably be appropriate, but only if the auctions in question were for flashlights. One thing I always do that may help the feedback problem you had on ebay, is to wait at least two weeks after you get the item to leave feedback. That gives you plenty of time to discover any problems before leaving erroneous feedback.

-Keith

guncollector

Enlightened
This is not set in stone, but CPF is not Ebay and therefore I would not condone posting Ebay experiences in Cheers'N'Jeers. Ebay has its own Feedback system, and procedures for filing grievances.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Why not use E-Bay's own feeback system?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did use eBays feedback. However I tend to be to trusting. So if I receive the item, in a timely fashion, and it looks well, I usually post positive feedback. There is no way to retract this once you find out what you got was garbage. These are flashlight related, so I figured it applied on this forum, as a heads up to others.
I will definately wait a period of time from now on before posting, but since there seems to be an increase of this type of activity, I just wondered if it should be pointed out to others.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Bravo25 I would like a heads up on eBay problems feel free to PM me if you see a problem. I eBay often and have bought here on CPF a heads up is useful to me. In the event CPF wants to stay out of it I understand that as well
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif