surefire head led kl3 first generation

alex74

Newly Enlightened
hello everyone I found on a store the surefire head kl3 first generation and I would like to ask:
as a collector's item I would like a lot, but I found a rare and requested piece among the fans or not?
in my collection I would like to have some rare or particular original accessory and I would like your opinion on this piece to consider even if its purchase price is right
that you know you can replace the LED with a p60 module simply by making a change?
thanks for all the answers

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a rare item, especially if it is the HA version. Not imposssible to find but not that easy either. You can NOT replace the LED with a P60 dropin. If you want to have a modern LED inside the KL3, you´ll have to mod it. Since it has a bezel-ring at the business end and screws on the other (iirc), it is not that hard to mod I suppose.

Eric

Last edited:

alex74

Newly Enlightened
9k=

the version is this
s-l300.jpg

imgres

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the reason there's still a lot around in excellent to like new condition is because they were not very popular when introduced, having a blueish tinted output that was rated at 19 lumens. They were originally marketed as an accessory to extend the life of your batteries once they didn't have enough juice to run the incan lamp assembly any more. The biggest thing I like them for is the cool vintage look and the possibility of modding it to something actually useful if you're able to fit a decent driver and the right sized reflector in there.