Wuben        

View Poll Results: Would you buy an HDS in natural HA?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heckin' yeah!

41 64.06%
  • Yes, but only if the colors match

15 23.44%
  • No. Paint it Black!

8 12.50%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: HDS Natural HA

Default Re: HDS Natural HA

I sorta doubt Iíll spring $600 for one of these even though I would love one, but I think NAT bezel could look cool. Although I think Iíd probably end up putting a black bezel on it. That would look pretty trick on the olive body.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    I sorta doubt Iíll spring $600 for one of these...
    Ouch.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

The price for the natty HA is $600??? Or is that hyperbole?
    My Lights

I was about to ask the same thing. If an actual price has been published I don't remember it. It very well could be that much, we were told it would be quite a bit more than standard. But I don't think that's an official number, is it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't recall the number, either. I certainly don't expect HDS to be cheap, especially with a limited run, but I'm hoping the premium won't be quite that high.

Price has not been set. We will know once we see just how many man hours end up involved in it.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

There is just no way no matter how you do the math that putting a different color anodize on an already in production light could cost as much as a special material run with all the R&D that was involved in it. Plus the additional cost of tooling and extra cost of the material it self. Itís just not possible. No I donít know all thatís involved in getting a different color anodize but it has to be much much cheaper then redesigning and tooling cost for like the brass lights. Sorry to kinda go off as Iím sure there is no way it would be anywhere near that price. Iím sure it will be an increase but a small one. Will just have to wait for updates.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by indigon View Post
    Me too..
    For you cover guys. Do you find the tail cover to be loose? Will it shrink like shrink wrap if I heat it up? Tried double sided tape? Glue?

It is a little lose and did come off from time to Time. I used some fiberglass double sided tape. Works great. Think it will melt with heat
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    For you cover guys. Do you find the tail cover to be loose? Will it shrink like shrink wrap if I heat it up? Tried double sided tape? Glue?
    So just to clarify the tail cap is designed for a raised button, and never stays on well without some help. Not for flush tailcaps which is why I put it under the front cap. Looks funny (bulbous bow) but surprisingly comfortable in hand. The caps reduce damage to the light and anything it makes contact with should it become airborne, like in a truck cab, cockpit, wheelhouse etc. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by indigon; 05-19-2019 at 05:41 AM.
    "Do yourself a favor, pick up an HDS Rotary and EDC it for a week.. -You can thank me later."

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    There is just no way no matter how you do the math that putting a different color anodize on an already in production light could cost as much as a special material run with all the R&D that was involved in it. Plus the additional cost of tooling and extra cost of the material it self. Itís just not possible. No I donít know all thatís involved in getting a different color anodize but it has to be much much cheaper then redesigning and tooling cost for like the brass lights. Sorry to kinda go off as Iím sure there is no way it would be anywhere near that price. Iím sure it will be an increase but a small one. Will just have to wait for updates.
    When the red metal and Ti runsí prices were set and made known the HA NAT price was speculated to be similar so donít freak out if itís $500+ is all Iím saying. I want one too so Iím hoping thatís wrong but it could be, man.

All this cost and effort to get ďmatchingĒ anodizing is madness! Madness!! Haha!

The real decision for our kind then becomes whether to buy one natural HA HDS, or two black anodized HDSs. Hmmmm....

Side note: We need to establish the correct plural form of HDS. Should it be HDSs? How about something Latin like HDSi? Perhaps something a bit more Germanic like HDSen? It's possible that I struggle with this more than I should.

Natural HA is cool, but iím perfectly fine with my black HDS lights. In fact, I really like them black! Itís nice to see other options though.
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Your link is fine by the way unless Hogo ( or Hogo's Evil Twin ? ) objects.
    I am quite possibly the number one rule breaker around here so I don't object to much at all... I am well supplied with rum and 9% Voodoo Ranger... I just stay off the forum when indulging!

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    The real decision for our kind then becomes whether to buy one natural HA HDS, or two black anodized HDSs. Hmmmm....

Side note: We need to establish the correct plural form of HDS. Should it be HDSs? How about something Latin like HDSi? Perhaps something a bit more Germanic like HDSen? It's possible that I struggle with this more than I should.
    Well, strictly speaking, HDS is uncountable like snow, wheat, corn, etc. so there can't be a plural unless we add a quantifier like "lights" which is it's own problem because light isn't countable either, but since light is often simply the shortened version of flashlight, which is countable... but then, there are the Northern Lights, which is kind of confusing because now it seems countable... but you really can't count them...
    If we go with German, we have to figure out if it is male, female, or neuter... and correctly it would be female as "die taschenlampe", which to me, makes no sense as if you look at a flashlight... well, the Freudian in me is saying this sucker is male... but then we call a light we don't use a "shelf queen" which would certainly make it female unless we use the term like "drag queen" which can be a nasty surprise if one is indulging in too much rum or Voodoo Ranger IPA...

The struggle is real. I feel ya... but not in the way that gets priests in trouble with alter boys or congressmen in trouble with interns but in the sense I know what you are feeling.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 05-19-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    I play with dead things

Default HDS Natural HA

So HDS is like sheep. Itís singular and plural all at the same time. Or like Chinese. No need to say Chineses- we know thereís a billion.
    Last edited by InvisibleFrodo; 05-19-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Then again I just realized I indirectly compared HDS to 2 things they arenít really like. HDS is made as much in the USA as possible, and as far as sheep, I think one would be very hard pressed to make the case that HDS is a follower.
    HAHA I guess I was only meaning in the singular/plural sense, not any other way.

So HDSES wonít work either huh?

In a sentence I have many HDSES.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    So HDSES wonít work either huh?

In a sentence I have many HDSES.
    What about ROUS's? I don't believe in them.
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post

Well, strictly speaking, HDS is uncountable like snow...
    Off the meds again, Hogo? Ha! Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    All this cost and effort to get ďmatchingĒ anodizing is madness! Madness!! Haha!
    Thatís whatís killing us from getting it🤬🤬🤬.

I agree, it's it's own plural. "How many HDS do you own?" sounds right...
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Like mooses, or mouses, or oxenes..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789