Prometheus        
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 210

Thread: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

  1. #151
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,859

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    .... I see Archimedes already replied and I'd like to add that he's the one who answered all my questions regarding both the Calipsoii rings and everything related to the A2 years back when I first got interested in them.
    Thanks buddy, still one of my all-time favorites.
    ... is the archimedes peak

  2. #152
    *Flashaholic* kaichu dento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    大和/Alyeska
    Posts
    6,026

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Thanks buddy, still one of my all-time favorites.
    One of my friends at work lost my A2 and when he was paying me for it, he had me find another one, with the Calipsoii ring of course, so that he'd have one of his own. Great light and I wish someone would develop a modern take on it, with the throw and flood options both being independently controllable.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

  3. #153
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    The factory A2 LED's get a bad rep, rightfully so compared to what's available nowadays. It's worth nothing though that it seems that later ranks of the A2's Nichia LED's are a lot better than some of the early lights, 4 flat models.

    My round body (sn8XXXX) A2's LED's are at least twice as bright as my old four flats (sn 3XXX), and the tint is much less "angry" than the older Nichia's. Maybe I won the led lottery on mine, but I've also seen people report their newer model A2's LED's as being brighter.

    I hope to acquire an aftermarket ring at some point, but the LED's on my round body A2 are good enough that they sufficed for the close to 10 years I've owned the light.

    I do get a kind of "Retro" type feeling using the old A2's "angry" purple/blue Nichias though.

  4. #154

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    I avoided the A2 for a while based on all the tomatoes being tossed by the crowd but one day I bought a beater round side one with white LED and frankly didn't mind it at all. My initial LED lights had really really bad tint so to me it wasn't so bad.

    It's a nostalgic thing to me, so the blumens are simply a reminder of the times back then before LED tints had gotten a lot better. Kinda like driving a stock 63 Ford and marveling at how zippy it must've been to the owner at the time. Eventually I installed a Tads adapter and bulb for inexpensive bulb replacement someday versus a $35 (if you can find one) bulb module.

    Later I acquired red, green, four flats etc but my favorite is that original beater light so well used most of the logo is missing (yet ano remains).
    John 3:16

  5. #155
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,519

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    I'm obviously not a big fan of the factory LED rings. And I think the angry blue nichia white rings gave the impression to most people that the incan bulb is in fact whiter than it really is, because it is regulated. I've disproved this many times through my own observations against different SF lamp assemblies and various stages of battery discharge.

    I have a spare white factory LED ring that won't get used again unless necessary.
    ampdude

  6. #156
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    I'm obviously not a big fan of the factory LED rings. And I think the angry blue nichia white rings gave the impression to most people that the incan bulb is in fact whiter than it really is, because it is regulated. I've disproved this many times through my own observations against different SF lamp assemblies and various stages of battery discharge.

    I have a spare white factory LED ring that won't get used again unless necessary.
    Sure, because blue and purple tinted LED's really help to enhance that 3350K A2 beam's CCT whiteness

    Is this the part where you repeat the same demonstrably false claim that I've seen you post over and over again, year after year in reading old threads? About how the A2's beam is "too orange" and how it's "not as white as other SF lights".

    Last time we had this conversation, you said you were going to "post some beamshots to prove your point". Perhaps you feel these aren't needed anymore, as you have already "disproven" this many times through your own observations?

    Personally, I've compared the A2 against more Surefire Incandescent lights, bulbs and combos than I care to even think about, and the CCT and whiteness of the A2 never fails to impress.

    There are a few beamshots in JS's original A2 review here. If you compare them with the E2E and MN03, for example, one can clearly the superiority of the A2's CCT.

    I would love to hear exactly what combination of bulb and battery you use to determine that the A2's beam is "too orange", "not driven hard enough" or whatever conclusion you came up with.
    Last edited by DayofReckoning; 01-22-2020 at 07:26 AM.

  7. #157
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    I found 5600K Yuji LEDs to be the best choice for the secondary. They are much floodier than the stock LEDs but when driven by 2x 3.7V cells they provide that optimal brightness without being overdriven to the point of tint change.

  8. #158
    Administrator Kestrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Willamette Valley, OR
    Posts
    6,786

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    One common guideline with regards to online forums is; attack the post & not the poster.

    One of my personal takes on that, is that a post can be problematic if it includes a substantial number of "you"s.

    I know that might sound a bit simplistic, but it really is a good rule of thumb - it is much easier to have a discussion if it has not been excessively personalized in such a fashion ?
    It may feel accurate while composing of the post, but it can feel /very/ personal to be on the reading end. While there really isn't a hard&fast rule on this topic, I do find this perspective to be beneficial.

    Best regards,
    Last edited by Kestrel; 01-22-2020 at 09:30 AM.

  9. #159

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    I'm obviously not a big fan of the factory LED rings. And I think the angry blue nichia white rings gave the impression to most people that the incan bulb is in fact whiter than it really is.
    I agree. The "white" LEDs ruin my white/white A2 for me. The A2 I have with Green LEDs is fine. But I can't stand the horrible tint of the white LEDs and I don't use that light because of it. Im looking to trade it for red or upgrade it with an LED ring when one becomes available.

  10. #160
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumen83 View Post
    I agree. The "white" LEDs ruin my white/white A2 for me. The A2 I have with Green LEDs is fine. But I can't stand the horrible tint of the white LEDs and I don't use that light because of it. Im looking to trade it for red or upgrade it with an LED ring when one becomes available.
    The light will function without the LED ring. You can remove it if it bothers you too much. Might even gain a little tiny piece of runtime too.

  11. #161

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    This thread caused me to dust off an A2 for the evening jaunt.
    John 3:16

  12. #162

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by DayofReckoning View Post
    The light will function without the LED ring. You can remove it if it bothers you too much. Might even gain a little tiny piece of runtime too.
    Thanks for sharing that, DayofReckoning. I didn't know. I just tried completely removing the lamp and turning it on and realized that you can run the leds without any sort of lamp or bulb adapter in there also. What a wonderfully versatile light!

  13. #163
    *Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,480

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    This thread caused me to dust off an A2 for the evening jaunt.
    And your post got me to do the same.Mine has a ring in it and it’s running some really warm whites.I have a lot of fond memories with My old A2. I used to do a fair bit of ghost hunting and it was my first really good light. Right after my E2.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  14. #164
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    No problem Novice.

    For the close to 10 years I've owned the light, I've only run primaries. I've never wanted to degrade the LED's running Li-ion, and just never got the chance to pick up one of the aftermarket rings.

    A few weeks ago I picked up a pair of the k2 energy lfp123a 600mah cells. At 3.35V, I feel the amount of overdriving the LED's is negligible enough that I'm not worried. Using the Tad's 3712 I got 30min runtime exactly. 30min is a lot of time when just using the main beam in bursts, like the lights designed to be used.
    Last edited by DayofReckoning; 01-22-2020 at 08:38 PM.

  15. #165
    Flashaholic* skillet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Green Co. , Bluegrass State
    Posts
    770

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    I didn’t care much for the tint of the white LEDs so I swapped mine with Radio Shack 276-0017 - got this idea from a post long ago - Tint is creamy white and no angry blue.
    Last edited by skillet; 01-23-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    I DO NOT HAVE...
    AURORAPHOBIA, OR EOSOPHOBIA, OR EREUTHOBPHOBIA, OR ERYTHROPHOBIA, OR ERYTOPHOBIA, OR PHENGOPHOBIA, OR PHOTOAUGLIAPHOBIA, PHOTOPHOBIA, OR SELAPHOBIA..

  16. #166
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,519

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by DayofReckoning View Post
    Sure, because blue and purple tinted LED's really help to enhance that 3350K A2 beam's CCT whiteness

    Is this the part where you repeat the same demonstrably false claim that I've seen you post over and over again, year after year in reading old threads? About how the A2's beam is "too orange" and how it's "not as white as other SF lights".

    Last time we had this conversation, you said you were going to "post some beamshots to prove your point". Perhaps you feel these aren't needed anymore, as you have already "disproven" this many times through your own observations?

    Personally, I've compared the A2 against more Surefire Incandescent lights, bulbs and combos than I care to even think about, and the CCT and whiteness of the A2 never fails to impress.

    There are a few beamshots in JS's original A2 review here. If you compare them with the E2E and MN03, for example, one can clearly the superiority of the A2's CCT.

    I would love to hear exactly what combination of bulb and battery you use to determine that the A2's beam is "too orange", "not driven hard enough" or whatever conclusion you came up with.
    I guess if it has bothered you for so long and in so many ways, you could easily post something to refute what I have been saying. Maybe if I feel like it I'll post some photos, I do need to do some maintenance one one of my A2's, but it's not a priority. I'm not saying you're wrong, or I'm right irrefutably, but you could contribute as well. I did just look at an A2 vs. a P60 with not so fresh batteries and yes, the P60 does have a whiter beam. And so does my beat up carry E2e/MN03 on not so fresh primaries. I'm pretty sure both lamp assemblies are driven harder than the A2's, and they certainly put out more light.

    There are a few beamshots in JS's original A2 review here. If you compare them with the E2E and MN03, for example, one can clearly the superiority of the A2's CCT.
    What are you talking about, the A2 has a much larger and deeper reflector than the E2e, OF COURSE it's going to look brighter at that distance.
    Last edited by ampdude; 01-23-2020 at 12:29 PM.
    ampdude

  17. #167

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Perhaps the secret combo of gasses in the P60 and E bulbs burns brighter than the A2 so that when voltage is running down they won't appear so orange where the regulated A2 bulb stays consitant since it's regulated.

    I do remember PK saying once that they spent a while computing potential combinations in order to achieve an over drive look while achieving more lifespan. He said at one point the earlier P60 bulb would often times poof before the batteries were depleted. He hired a Phd fellow to design the gas combo. He said the Phd fellow told him he needed a better computer because it took 5 computers a week each to solve some of the equations so SureFire spent a bunch of money on a better computer so it wouldn't take so long to come up with potential combos to try in a test batch. They set the stage for others later to have truely "educated guesses" instead of blind faith trial and error.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-23-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    John 3:16

  18. #168
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,519

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Perhaps the secret combo of gasses in the P60 and E bulbs burns brighter than the A2 so that when voltage is running down they won't appear so orange where the regulated A2 bulb stays consitant since it's regulated.
    I don't know the specs of the filament of the MA02 vs. the P60/MN03, but I do know the MA02 runs at a slightly lower voltage and I've always suspected it is a little under driven.
    Last edited by ampdude; 01-23-2020 at 12:32 PM.
    ampdude

  19. #169
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,519

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    I do remember PK saying once that they spent a while computing potential combinations in order to achieve an over drive look while achieving more lifespan. He said at one point the earlier P60 bulb would often times poof before the batteries were depleted. He hired a Phd fellow to design the gas combo. He said the Phd fellow told him he needed a better computer because it took 5 computers a week each to solve some of the equations so SureFire spent a bunch of money on a better computer so it wouldn't take so long to come up with potential combos to try in a test batch. They set the stage for others later to have truely "educated guesses" instead of blind faith trial and error.
    I guess that kinda makes sense to me. I posted an earlier thread on this a long time ago, but I believe it was just because the gases had escaped from the earlier plastic based P60 lamp. It was perfect before I put the batteries in and fired it up. I'm sure I still have the pics somewhere. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Surefire-6-6C

    Somehow they must have got it really right for the sort of HOLA's like the P61, P91, and MN21.
    Last edited by ampdude; 01-23-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    ampdude

  20. #170
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    [QUOTE=ampdude;5362599]I guess if it has bothered you for so long and in so many ways, you could easily post something to refute what I have been saying. Maybe if I feel like it I'll post some photos, I do need to do some maintenance one one of my A2's, but it's not a priority. I'm not saying you're wrong, or I'm right irrefutably, but you could contribute as well. I did just look at an A2 vs. a P60 with not so fresh batteries and yes, the P60 does have a whiter beam. And so does my beat up carry E2e/MN03 on not so fresh primaries. I'm pretty sure both lamp assemblies are driven harder than the A2's, and they certainly put out more light.
    [QUOTE=ampdude;5362599]

    I'm an avid reader of thread's on the A2, which is collected together here in this index. I never had, or intend to personally "attack" you on the subject, but when I see something that is demonstrably, verifiability false repeated over, and over, and over again across all the different threads I've read, I stand it's reasonable to call that out. And I will attempt to do that by here by "attacking the post, not the poster" as kindly and wisely suggested earlier.

    In that index of reviews, opening just a few of them reveals some comments such as

    "The P60 in the G2 has a (barely) nicer beam in terms of shape, but the A2 has got it beat in whiteness."

    " The P90 is slightly brighter - though surprisingly, not by a whole lot more, but the A2 is most definitely WHITER. It's whiter than even the P91"

    "Compared to the E2e, to my eyes, the output was the same. The A2 was a tad bit whiter and tighter."

    That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the user reports of how white the A2's beam is. The whiteness of the beam is one of the greatest attributes of the A2 that we consistently see mentioned by owners.

    And we must remember, most of these reports are from people that were running the factory MA02. The lumens factory lamps are a bit brighter than the stock lamp, and the 3718 1.8A Lamp is available from Tad's for even more output.

    Furthermore, I would like to hear a dispute to Lumens Factory's own listed specifications. In their specifications page for the A2 here, it's listed as being 3350K. In the specifications for all the D26 modules (aka P60/P90 type) here not one single lamp is listed as high as 3350K, all falling short, even the E0-9 at 380 bulb lumens on Li-ion can only achieve a listing of 3325K. It must be noted that most of these lamps are vastly superior to the P60 running on primaries in terms of sheer output and CCT.
    Therefore it is impossible for a P60 or MN03, with unfresh batteries mind you, to be whiter than the A2 and MA02. This is assuming there are no physical issues (dirty contacts, old degraded bulb, etc)

    And the distance in that photo in JS's review is only 33 feet. That's close enough in my opinion that the CCT difference can still be visible in the photo, and considering the not so big difference between the two lights in throw. Despite that, more than enough evidence exists to show the A2 is very good in the CCT department and better than most.



    Last edited by DayofReckoning; 01-23-2020 at 01:23 PM.

  21. #171

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Let it go man. Please, pretty please with sugar on top.
    John 3:16

  22. #172
    *Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,480

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    How the hell does a thread about one dam fine light turn into a pissing match?! Really?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  23. #173
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    How the hell does a thread about one dam fine light turn into a pissing match?! Really?
    Just a disagreement that started back at the beginning of this thread. Not looking to turn anything into the above term used. I've said what needs to be said.

    At least we are all in agreement that the A2 is a dam fine light

  24. #174
    Administrator Kestrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Willamette Valley, OR
    Posts
    6,786

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    No worries everybody; all is running per-specification.

  25. #175
    Flashaholic* Grijon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    1,305

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    I have a stock Surefire P90 module that is dimmer than any of my stock Surefire P60 modules, regardless of what cells I put in.

    I assume I just have a bad module.

    I believe sometimes individuals report their individual experiences with an individual item as general fact, and sometimes many times in different places leading to a false appearance of widespread generality - and I can completely understand another’s desire to correct the situation.

    I have also learned that it is true that literally every person’s eyes are different, and that some battles we will never “win” in trying to “correct” a difference in perception/opinion.

    On topic, I have never wanted an A2 more than since this thread started.

  26. #176
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by Grijon View Post
    I have a stock Surefire P90 module that is dimmer than any of my stock Surefire P60 modules, regardless of what cells I put in.

    I assume I just have a bad module.

    I believe sometimes individuals report their individual experiences with an individual item as general fact, and sometimes many times in different places leading to a false appearance of widespread generality - and I can completely understand another’s desire to correct the situation.

    I have also learned that it is true that literally every person’s eyes are different, and that some battles we will never “win” in trying to “correct” a difference in perception/opinion.

    On topic, I have never wanted an A2 more than since this thread started.
    Once you use the A2, it's a real gamechanger. A2's are going for good prices, I would love to see you join the club

  27. #177
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,519

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by Grijon View Post
    I have a stock Surefire P90 module that is dimmer than any of my stock Surefire P60 modules, regardless of what cells I put in.

    I assume I just have a bad module.

    I believe sometimes individuals report their individual experiences with an individual item as general fact, and sometimes many times in different places leading to a false appearance of widespread generality - and I can completely understand another’s desire to correct the situation.

    I have also learned that it is true that literally every person’s eyes are different, and that some battles we will never “win” in trying to “correct” a difference in perception/opinion.

    On topic, I have never wanted an A2 more than since this thread started.
    I also have modules that are all over the place, Surefire's to Lumens Factory, to other manufactures. One of my oldest P90's is a Laser Products marked module I got in a trade about 15 years ago. It already looked like it had been rode hard and put away wet many times back when I got it. It's dimmer than any of my other P90's and the reflector has some minor scratches. I used it as the main module for many years working security at night. I've put hundreds of hours on it hoping it would die, it just won't and the bulb hasn't even darkened. I'd say it's probably 75% output of a typical P90. It's not dimmer because it's older, I have some old Laser Products P90's that are brighter than some much newer Surefire P90's.
    ampdude

  28. #178
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,519

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by DayofReckoning View Post
    In that index of reviews, opening just a few of them reveals some comments such as

    "The P60 in the G2 has a (barely) nicer beam in terms of shape, but the A2 has got it beat in whiteness."

    " The P90 is slightly brighter - though surprisingly, not by a whole lot more, but the A2 is most definitely WHITER. It's whiter than even the P91"

    "Compared to the E2e, to my eyes, the output was the same. The A2 was a tad bit whiter and tighter."

    That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the user reports of how white the A2's beam is. The whiteness of the beam is one of the greatest attributes of the A2 that we consistently see mentioned by owners.

    And we must remember, most of these reports are from people that were running the factory MA02. The lumens factory lamps are a bit brighter than the stock lamp, and the 3718 1.8A Lamp is available from Tad's for even more output.

    Furthermore, I would like to hear a dispute to Lumens Factory's own listed specifications. In their specifications page for the A2 here, it's listed as being 3350K. In the specifications for all the D26 modules (aka P60/P90 type) here not one single lamp is listed as high as 3350K, all falling short, even the E0-9 at 380 bulb lumens on Li-ion can only achieve a listing of 3325K. It must be noted that most of these lamps are vastly superior to the P60 running on primaries in terms of sheer output and CCT.
    Therefore it is impossible for a P60 or MN03, with unfresh batteries mind you, to be whiter than the A2 and MA02. This is assuming there are no physical issues (dirty contacts, old degraded bulb, etc)

    And the distance in that photo in JS's review is only 33 feet. That's close enough in my opinion that the CCT difference can still be visible in the photo, and considering the not so big difference between the two lights in throw. Despite that, more than enough evidence exists to show the A2 is very good in the CCT department and better than most.
    Maybe too much faith in reviews and not so much personal experience. Seems like this is fuel for another thread. I'll post some pics and create a new one so as not to get this one off track. I have had the lumens factory version of the MA02 bulb as well, including the short run of unfrosted bulbs. They are slightly brighter than the stock bulb. CCT is also affected by brightness and at that distance with the larger reflector the A2 has more brightness than the E2e. Lights that throw better appear brighter to the average user. 33 feet is a long ways for an E2e with a typical reflector. Some are less orange peel than others, but the typical E2e reflector is a short range light.
    ampdude

  29. #179
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    Maybe too much faith in reviews and not so much personal experience. Seems like this is fuel for another thread. I'll post some pics and create a new one so as not to get this one off track. I have had the lumens factory version of the MA02 bulb as well, including the short run of unfrosted bulbs. They are slightly brighter than the stock bulb. CCT is also affected by brightness and at that distance with the larger reflector the A2 has more brightness than the E2e. Lights that throw better appear brighter to the average user. 33 feet is a long ways for an E2e with a typical reflector. Some are less orange peel than others, but the typical E2e reflector is a short range light.
    Well, I've owned, and heavily used two different A2's, a 4 fours flats and a newer round body, for over the span of close to 10 years now. A lot of that time done comparing the A2 to different lights. Does that count as personal experience?

    I combine the following to reach my conclusions

    (1.) a decade of personal experience with the light
    (2.) First hand user reports and reviews made by several key individuals who have proven to be trustworthy, reports that verify my own personal findings
    (3.) The official technical specifications support my conclusion

    That's pretty much it. You are certainly welcome to start a new thread on the subject if you feel this conversation is derailing the thread (which I don't feel it is). I was hoping you would acknowledge the bit I put forth on the LumensFactory specifications though.

    I did find an old post with some beamshots, and it does show a P60 next to the A2, but sadly the image is not displaying properly. This is however enough there visible to see the difference between the two.

    The image is on the far right, and the order from left to right in the first 4 boxes is, P60 A2 G90 P91

    https://www.google.com/search?biw=12...ZDSigCzufxzVM:


    The A2 is visibly whiter in that photo than the p60 and g90. Hard to tell with the p91, it's so massively bright. Both have larger reflectors than the A2 as well.

    I tried taking some beam shots myself. The result was not good I'll have to read up on how to do beam shots. I can't take anything that shows the difference, everything's pretty washed out.

    I still believe more than enough evidence exists to support my conclusion. But in the end though, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and everyone's free to disagree.
    Last edited by DayofReckoning; 01-27-2020 at 04:53 PM.

  30. #180
    *Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,480

    Default Re: Surefire A2 Aviator Fan checking in

    If you guys want a real ugly beam try your A2 with green LEDS! Omg I literally cannot use it. When you hit high you get this green tint to the spill. I’m no tint snob but it really is an ugly beam.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •