Is the Streamlight Warranty For-Real?

Severe

Newly Enlightened
Is the streamlight Waranty really as good as they say? They say it lasts the life of the light and even if you break it buy accident, it's still covered. Has anyone dealt with Streamlight and how was your experience. Also, are there other companies that are as good with thier waranty? Irv /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

chumley

Enlightened
Re: Is the Streamlight Warranty For-Real?

I dropped my SL 3AA luxeon task light on the sidewalk and the light was dead. I sent it to Streamlight with a note explaining what happened. I got a package from them in about 2 or 3 weeks from when I shipped it. They sent me a brand new light. I would say that was pretty good customer service.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

I have a Stream light Aurthorized fixer person type here in town....

I have had my scorpion fixed twice for stuff I did (missing lens, and a ripped boot)just bring it say this is broke and it's fixed in 5 min.

I'm sure Sure fire is the the same way.... other wise..... SL will start getting more of my money.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received a "greenie" TL-2 LED, they promptly replaced it, no hassle.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last year my SL 4AA 7LED developed a flicker in one of its LEDs. I sent it back to Streamlight, and a replacement was shipped to me about 2 weeks later.

justjim

Newly Enlightened
YES! They're better than good. I bought a new TT-2 that had a faulty switch straight out of the package. I emailed their customer support, and they sent a new one. I didn't even have to send the faulty one back. Great products, outstanding service..

-jim

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
As everyone above said, yes. Bulb popped out of its holder on my Scorpion and got stuck in the head. Several attempts and my lens looking like someone tried to pop it out from the inside; I sent it to SL. One week later I got my Scorpion back with a new head assembly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The second event came when the momentary switch on the back of my older style 4AA Propolymer Xenon didn't work. Sent it ina nd a week and a half later got a new light in the mail with newer style switch.

Cheers to Streamlight I own several of their lights (along with the rest of my family and friends, the Twin task series is a hit.)

end of soap box commerical sail/

pilot4x4

Enlightened
I bought a new 4AA 7 LED light and it had trouble the same day I bought it. After around 30 minutes of use that night it had a melted reflector, the epoxy that held the head assembly to the piece with the battery contacts was starting to seperate. I contacted the store I bought it from (Turner's Outdoorsman in San Bernardino Calif) and they didn't have another light and said they'd only give me credit or an exchange, no money back. I contacted Streamlight but they wouldn't send a replacement LED assembly without seeing mine first. I didn't feel it was fair to have to spend money on shipping to get a light fixed that didn't work right out of the package. So eventually I ended up returning it to the store for credit. John

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I use the official warranty shop/store in Santa Rosa CA. and they are great. I took in a ten year old SL35X, and they changed out switch, free. Any problem with a SL LA and they will replace it. Box of LA says 6 months warranty. I had a problem with light output on one of my Stingers and they replaced it with an upgraded part, free, etc, etc.

Bill

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
For most items, they prefer you take the item to their authorized repair center, but the one here in NJ doesn't carry many spare parts and would have to send it in to SL for repair. They didn't carry the lens or bezel assy for the Scorpion, but they had a few Stinger parts.

qarawol

Enlightened
I have had no problems with Streamlight's Warranty Service. I have some 20+ year old SL Flashlights that the switches were replaced at no charge several times. My SLX's and Stingers had the switches replaced also at N/C. I even lost the small cover on them and they sent spares out at no charge. There is a Factory Authorized Service Center near by so no shipping was needed.

Enjoy...