Is the G2/G3 the only non-metal P60 host available?

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G2 is available on Ebay from some dealer in Turkey. I can't find the Surefire G3 for sale anywhere.

Once the online supply of G2s and G3s dries up, what P60 hosts are there that can be dropped without damaging the floor or being damaged by the floor like an aluminum light might?

--flatline

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding "empty bezel" legacy designs with nitrolon bodies, there is also the G2Z, but that is getting difficult to find as well.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready makes some acrylic P60 hosts. I can't speak to the durability of the material though.

parametrek

Enlightened
I've been very impressed with the Solarforce P1 host. It however cheats a little and uses an aluminum battery tube underneath the glass fiber reinforced shell.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
flatline,
I just sent you two PMs. Please disregard the first; it was incomplete.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Underbody coat your Aluminum light? lol or just declare a "beater" and let it get beat up

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A Pentagon pX2 makes a good host as it is metal at both ends, but that goes against the original request (of not damaging floors etc).
So the Brinkmann MaxFire comes to mind. I have an M61L in one and it does ok.

scout24

Flashaholic
G2's, and less so G3's, pop up from time to time. I feel it's worth the time to be patient to try to find them, and maybe put one or two aside as backups. The availability of lenses, McClicky switch kits, replacement boots and o-rings, etc. make it probably the most viable long term platform even if they're out of production. My $.02...

pc_light

Enlightened
Best value in nylon P60 hosts available, the Nextorch GT6A. Good for beater light, no guilt about droping or losing! Can be found here and elsewhere.

Of course same caveats as other nylon body lights with regard to handling heat from higher powered LEDs etc.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Best value in nylon P60 hosts available, the Nextorch GT6A. Good for beater light, no guilt about droping or losing! Can be found here and elsewhere.

Of course same caveats as other nylon body lights with regard to handling heat from higher powered LEDs etc.

Wow, good find ... thanks for posting ! ... (and for 18mm cells, no less)

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seems like a no-brainer for $8! I wonder how good the switch is and if aftermarket tail-caps or switches will fit. Doesn't look like there would be much to go wrong on the rest of the light.

matt4350

Enlightened
I bought a GT6A, liked it so much I bought another. The reverse clicky suits me well on bush runs when I'm changing modes (I've dropped in one of Nailbender's 2 mode P60s). I'll try a 3 mode and see how it handles the medium setting when I get a chance. The light is fantastic running at low, not surprisingly you can feel quite a bit of heat at the tip on high after 10 minutes or so but it is fine for short periods. The light feels good in the hand, I reckon the grip is actually better than the nitrolons, and visually the light seems well made. I ordered a T6L in the hope I could use the metal head on the GT6A body for longer output on high, but they don't mate.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the problem is that 'plastic' flashlights have a very poor reputation, and also do not have the 'tacticool' value of metal flashlights (despite there being some truly dreadful metal flashlights with threads that have been cut with an axe). My tan-coloured Surefire G2 Nitrolon is the only light I've regretted giving away; I just didn't appreciate its value at the time.