Imalent        
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 170

Thread: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

  1. #31

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    List has an unlimited number of spots as of now so keep em coming.

    If you haven't sent me your address info please do so, the light will be mailed out to the0dore3524 this coming week.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    Mind messaging me your username so I know who you are?

    seems I dont have permission to do anything at all on this forum (including PM'ing)
    My reddit username is dman77777

  3. #33

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by Dman7777 View Post
    seems I dont have permission to do anything at all on this forum (including PM'ing)
    My reddit username is dman77777
    Dman, on this forum you need to have several posts before you can attach photos, direct message, that sort of thing. It's an anti bot feature.
    Welcome!
    Have torch, will travel.

  4. #34

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    List is up to date. Awaiting shipping info for #11, #12, #14 and #15

    Light looks like its almost ready to ship.

    Benjamin is toying the idea of a photo contest giveaway, the light will be going around the country to all sorts of locations, whomever takes the coolest picture gets to keep it. Thoughts?

  5. #35

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    A wonderful idea! Photography is a hobby of mine
    Have torch, will travel.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by DrafterDan View Post
    A wonderful idea! Photography is a hobby of mine
    Sounds like a plan then!

    Alright, passaround light is on its way to me so I can add abtteries and ship the first participant. Benjamin was kind enough to include a sticker for everyone on the list!

    is it fair to assume everyone that signed up has a NiMh charger or is otherwise OK with using their own batteries (NO 14500)?

  7. #37
    Flashaholic* the0dore3524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    California (Bay Area)
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Photo contest and the stickers sounds cool! If you donít have a charger are you a flashaholic even?
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

  8. #38
    Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,012

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Please sign me up! Thanks,
    Pm sent...

  9. #39

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Bro, do you even charge???
    :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    If you donít have a charger are you a flashaholic even?
    Have torch, will travel.

  10. #40
    Flashaholic* Nitroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    3,228

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by datiLED View Post
    I'd like to lay eyes and hands on the light. Please add me to the list!
    When you receive the light if possible I would like to see it while you have it.
    Thanks! Russ

  11. #41
    nfetterly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati area, but lots of travel
    Posts
    3,758

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Looking forward to it.

    Photography & charging of eneloops no problem here.


  12. #42
    Johnnyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Great! Charger, camera...ready!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

  13. #43

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Light and stickers are here and getting shipped to the0dore3524 today!!!

  14. #44
    Flashaholic* the0dore3524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    California (Bay Area)
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    Light and stickers are here and getting shipped to the0dore3524 today!!!
    Awesome canít wait!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

  15. #45
    Flashaholic* the0dore3524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    California (Bay Area)
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Light was delivered by UPS just a few minutes ago.


    There is indeed a bunch of stickers included - yay! I will update with impressions of the light shortly, but so far I will note that the build quality is excellent.

  16. #46
    Flashaholic* the0dore3524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    California (Bay Area)
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    PM sent to Johnnyh for shipping info. I will do my best to get it out later today!

    Here is my full review on the Synergy1:

    https://precogvision.wordpress.com/2...-review-25-30/
    Last edited by the0dore3524; 06-29-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

  17. #47
    Johnnyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    PM sent with info!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

  18. #48

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    PM sent to Johnnyh for shipping info. I will do my best to get it out later today!

    Here is my full review on the Synergy1:

    https://torchconnoisseur.wordpress.c...-review-25-30/
    Thanks for the review and photos!

    We intended to send out the light with a 219c, but since this was made on the side without a build sheet,a CREE was sent out inadvertently. If testing with a Nichia is important to everyone we can send it back and have him swap. I figure most us know what a 219C looks like and want to get the light already for evaluations but Benjamin asked me to offer it to ya'll

  19. #49
    Johnnyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Yes, great review! While I prefer the 219c, no big deal as far as Iím concerned.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

  20. #50
    Johnnyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Light just came in, will post soon...
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

  21. #51
    Flashaholic* the0dore3524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    California (Bay Area)
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Light just came in, will post soon...
    Glad it got there in good time!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

  22. #52
    Johnnyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Just spent 3 hours putting together wonderful pictures, thoughts etc. and some glitch about logging in (I was!) wiped it out...not going through that again..

    i'll just say that Theo's review was spot-on...the "Low" is much too high and sequence needs to be L-M-H. All other aspects of the light are fantastic. Form factor, fit and finish and overall feel are top notch.

    Fix the UI and I'll be on board! Thanks for the opportunity!
    Last edited by Johnnyh; 06-08-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

  23. #53

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Thanks for the feedback!!! There is a new driver and in development, completely custom from the ground up!

    Shame about losing the review you wrote up, sometimes CPF logs you add if you take too long to write a post, I write everything elsewhere then copy paste to avoid it happening

  24. #54
    Johnnyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Ahhhh...got ya....Iím not the swiftest at embedding the pictures, etc...
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

  25. #55
    nfetterly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati area, but lots of travel
    Posts
    3,758

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Ahhhh...got ya....Iím not the swiftest at embedding the pictures, etc...
    When I do a long post (selling stuff etc), I write it up in word, post that, then I come back in and add the photos.

    Haven't read the writeup above yet, but L-M-H I agree with, it's obviously not a "tactical" light.


  26. #56

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Ahhhh...got ya....Iím not the swiftest at embedding the pictures, etc...
    You can just upload all the photos to an imgur.com album for our pleasure

  27. #57
    Johnnyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    720

    Default Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    You can just upload all the photos to an imgur.com album for our pleasure
    OK! I think I got it.... http://imgur.com/a/QWeO4vm
    Last edited by Johnnyh; 06-08-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

  28. #58
    Johnnyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Now that I've calmed down from my original debacle here are some more thoughts...

    The modularity of the parts is very impressive and promises to offer us some unique combinations in design and/or material. Also of note, the finely machine parts fit together perfectly.

    The beam quality is is very nice with a large hot spot and generous spill, which is my preference for an EDC-personal space light like this. As far as tint, the Cree emitter used here is not my thing as I prefer warmer , high CRI emitters but it is by no means unpleasing to my eye. Very white hot spot with a bluish spill. Although I suppose any discussion of throw is out of place for a 2 aaa light, it fared well out to 25-30ft. (sorry no beam shots but no time last night and wanted to get this out to the next guy today as I'm leaving home on Saturday.)

    To all of you who wear the good old five-pocket jeans...you now have a use for that little pocket on the right. This thing fits in there like it was made for it.

    The clicky, to me, is quite firm and requires a fairly hard press (or pull in this case). I have no problem with it as it will lessen the chance of accidental activation in the pocket. Some may prefer a softer press.

    The light is easy to carry while walking and has the advantage of instant access to the switch as the index finger can rest right on the button at all times. No changing hand position to switch modes or turn off/on. Very cool.

    I know there are rules for imprinting "Made In USA" on things that are not 100% truly made in the U.S. (I would think that's near impossible in a flashlight) but the inclusion of "USA" printed somewhere on the light would be nice touch (if that's even possible). Just a thought....

    I truly look forward to the upcoming UI development! If that works out, this light is the real deal and at this price, i'd consider it a bargain.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

  29. #59

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Now that I've calmed down from my original debacle here are some more thoughts...

    The modularity of the parts is very impressive and promises to offer us some unique combinations in design and/or material. Also of note, the finely machine parts fit together perfectly.

    The beam quality is is very nice with a large hot spot and generous spill, which is my preference for an EDC-personal space light like this. As far as tint, the Cree emitter used here is not my thing as I prefer warmer , high CRI emitters but it is by no means unpleasing to my eye. Very white hot spot with a bluish spill. Although I suppose any discussion of throw is out of place for a 2 aaa light, it fared well out to 25-30ft. (sorry no beam shots but no time last night and wanted to get this out to the next guy today as I'm leaving home on Saturday.)

    To all of you who wear the good old five-pocket jeans...you now have a use for that little pocket on the right. This thing fits in there like it was made for it.

    The clicky, to me, is quite firm and requires a fairly hard press (or pull in this case). I have no problem with it as it will lessen the chance of accidental activation in the pocket. Some may prefer a softer press.

    The light is easy to carry while walking and has the advantage of instant access to the switch as the index finger can rest right on the button at all times. No changing hand position to switch modes or turn off/on. Very cool.

    I know there are rules for imprinting "Made In USA" on things that are not 100% truly made in the U.S. (I would think that's near impossible in a flashlight) but the inclusion of "USA" printed somewhere on the light would be nice touch (if that's even possible). Just a thought....

    I truly look forward to the upcoming UI development! If that works out, this light is the real deal and at this price, i'd consider it a bargain.

    Appreciate the write up!

    Funny you mention the jeans watch pocket, the light was in fact designed to fit there. Benjamin actually took calipers to a bunch of jeans to make sure the Synergy1 fits in the watch pocket, as a matter of fact he did the same to measure the thickness of jeans and pants to calculate the inner space between the clip and the light.

  30. #60
    Flashaholic* the0dore3524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    California (Bay Area)
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

    Thanks for the write-up! Cool to see that we came to the same conclusions. Good extra info there about the jeans haha.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •