Malkoff        
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

Light arrived yesterday. Sorry for not getting around to updating the thread until now. Will try to post up some pictures and thoughts soon. Can see already I will agree with most of what has been said by the previous two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    Appreciate the write up!

Funny you mention the jeans watch pocket, the light was in fact designed to fit there. Benjamin actually took calipers to a bunch of jeans to make sure the Synergy1 fits in the watch pocket, as a matter of fact he did the same to measure the thickness of jeans and pants to calculate the inner space between the clip and the light.
    Wow! It was a great thought on his part!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Very cool light love the customization options
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

Finally got around to getting some pictures. https://imgur.com/a/a9rBN02

Some quick thoughts.
    Pros:
    Built very well
    Feels nice in the hand, comfortable to hold
    Unique design
    Customization
    Clip

Cons:
    UI
    Output
    xp-g3 (Nichia avail)

Overall I have really been enjoying the Synergy 1 even more than I expected to. If just a couple changes are made to the light it would be amazing imo. The UI is not great. I understand Benjamin is planning to update this in the future. I would prefer it to have a slightly lower moonlight and maybe for the high to be slightly brighter if possible. Currently mid/low are virtually identical to the eye. A version using 10440 would be interesting as well to me. It also has many things going for it. Especially the price for such a nice piece machined in US compared to many others. It is refreshing to see some new designs coming out. Not just another triple that there are so many versions of. Planning to pick one of these up for the collection in the future. Would love to try the Nichia version out. Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

Guerilla154 has been contacted, and the light is on the way to him now.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeface13 View Post
    Guerilla154 has been contacted, and the light is on the way to him now.
    Light was received late last night, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrilla154 View Post
    Light was received late last night, thanks!
    Awesome, looking forward to your thoughts

Well, I had originally signed up for this passaround after ordering a Synergy, thinking if it didn't arrive quickly, I would at least get to check one out before my order arrived. Well, mine was in the mailbox today. Please take my name off the list and let RogerSully and the rest of the crew get to see it quicker!
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

that much closer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    PM sent to Johnnyh for shipping info. I will do my best to get it out later today!

Here is my full review on the Synergy1:

https://torchconnoisseur.wordpress.c...-review-25-30/
    Great review Theodore. I have to say, I particularly enjoyed the part where you pointed out this is a truly unique design. I currently feel that the custom scene a sea of Mac Tri-EDC clones, albeit with fancy machining, fancy materials and a fancy order-of-magnitude higher price tag
    Last edited by MikeSalt; 06-26-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Mad71 Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

I know I'm not part of the passaround, but just wanted to pop in with a couple observations. I gave the Synergy the camera test, and find no PWM. I also ran on high for 20 minutes straight last night, and it stayed nice and cool. No heat at all. I think if you adjust expectations downward from the latest pocket melting Triples (which I thoroughly enjoy...) and use the Synergy as a general close range task light, it starts coming into it's own. It's more than enough to walk my pups on their leashes, and for hands free stuff, it's got anti-roll down pat... I like it, and will have another one...

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    PM sent to Johnnyh for shipping info. I will do my best to get it out later today!

Here is my full review on the Synergy1:

https://torchconnoisseur.wordpress.c...-review-25-30/

Very very well put together review Bravo
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    I know I'm not part of the passaround, but just wanted to pop in with a couple observations. I gave the Synergy the camera test, and find no PWM. I also ran on high for 20 minutes straight last night, and it stayed nice and cool. No heat at all. I think if you adjust expectations downward from the latest pocket melting Triples (which I thoroughly enjoy...) and use the Synergy as a general close range task light, it starts coming into it's own. It's more than enough to walk my pups on their leashes, and for hands free stuff, it's got anti-roll down pat... I like it, and will have another one...
    Thanks for the thoughts Scout24!

Light is being shipped to QwertzHz by guerrilla154

Default Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSalt View Post
    Great review Theodore. I have to say, I particularly enjoyed the part where you pointed out this is a truly unique design. I currently feel that the custom scene a sea of Mac Tri-EDC clones, albeit with fancy machining, fancy materials and a fancy order-of-magnitude higher price tag
    Quote Originally Posted by Weld Inspector View Post
    Very very well put together review Bravo
    Thanks for the kind words guys! Always cool to see the progression of these pass-around threads and the varying input too.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Light sent to QwertzHz this afternoon, with an ETA of Monday.

Package was delivered yesterday and I'll be able to get to it tonight. Thanks Guerrilla!

Contacted pc_light for shipping info. Will ship as soon as received, possibly tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by QwertzHz View Post
    Contacted pc_light for shipping info. Will ship as soon as received, possibly tomorrow.
    woo-hoo, my turn. Thanks Qwetrz.
    Last edited by pc_light; 07-12-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

LiquidRetro added to the list

Post Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

This was my first ever pass-around and I enjoyed being able to play with the Synergy1 for a couple of days. I look forward to the prospect of eventually owning a Frelux. My observations +1 that of others.

From a look and feel perspective itís a beauty. Some serious machining. Fit, finish and in-hand feel are very nice. And the driver and LED emitter are planning to be upgraded for the next release, which make the Synergy1 even more inviting.

I think the Synergy1 deserves a custom driver to go with the custom body/look. Given the body heft, which would function as a substantial heat sink, a higher top end output, even if it were to only be used intermittently would be welcomed. A lower low (ML?) would also extend itís 24x7 EDC potential.

Although I didnít open Ďer up. The use of what look like common sized component parts such as the AAA reflector size and use of retaining rings instead of press-fit or gluing, will permit/encourage further user tweaking/customization and/or self-servicing. I think thatís an ideal setup.

The synergy1 currently has a reverse clicky installed. On the off chance that Benjamin's considering a ďramping/steplessĒ type UI, the oneís Iíve used actually function well with single button reverse clickies.

Adding my thanks to Ozythemandias for hosting the pass-around and of course thanks to Benjamin for sharing his creation.

FWIW, hereís the Synergy next to my only other 2xAAA format light for size reference.

With that the -
    Synergy is gingerly off to n-fetterly.
    Last edited by pc_light; 07-14-2018 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added Impressions, etc.
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

Arrived today. Initial impression on design - that slides into a pocket & clips there just like it was made to. Very nice.

Nudge nudge. It's been over a week.
    I choose to carry a flashlight because I am often kept in the dark.

Sent a DM to nfetterly yesterday morning, something must've come up.

Sent a DM to nfetterly yesterday morning, something must've come up.
    Still here, about to message next member (Djarnett17 - who didn't post in thread - what does "f" by name mean?) for address. I haven't been able to spend much time with the light.

I don't check my PMs, they "usually" come through to my email - the last one didn't.
    Last edited by nfetterly; 07-31-2018 at 02:20 PM.

I'll venture a guess that the "f" is indicating someone from the Facebook group.

Quote Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
    Still here, about to message next member (Djarnett17 - who didn't post in thread - what does "f" by name mean?) for address. I haven't been able to spend much time with the light.

I don't check my PMs, they "usually" come through to my email - the last one didn't.
    Djarnett17 isn't a member here. I'm not part of the facebook group - I'll PM Ozy... for his contact info.

Sent contact info and light should be on the way to Djarnett17 this week, thanks nfetterly!

Sent contact info and light should be on the way to Djarnett17 this week, thanks nfetterly!
    Delivery Saturday!!

Quote Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
    Delivery Saturday!!
    Thank you!

Djarnett17 hasn't confirmed receipt yet or responded to any messages. I'm going to give it a couple days before we move on to plan B

The individual currently in possession of the passaround light is non responsive and has perhaps absconded with the light. When I informed Benjamin of this development, his response was "Do you need me to send out another one?"

The Passaround will continue with Scout24 and I will message him to confirm he's ready to receive it.

Apologies for the unfortunate delay

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast