Arc LS Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight Enthusiast
What exactly is a second? Is it a light that is not sold at full price due to defects?

I could live with a cosmetic defect, but how severe are the performance defects? On the page that shows seconds, they suggest that some of the seconds are there due to not being as bright or as battery efficient as a first (Arc 4 seconds).

So, can some one comment on the exact definition of a second, and how much performance would one lose on a typical LS second (such as the LSL and LSH models). Anyone that bought a second not happy?

http://store.yahoo.com/flashlight/fasear.html
http://store.yahoo.com/flashlight/arfase.html
http://store.yahoo.com/flashlight/arfase1.html

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi .357 My first ARC second was the LSH-S 214 it has small dings in the HA OR it has HUGE CHUNKS missing; it all depends on how you look at things. The second second I got was the ARC 4 and I am to dumb to know why it is a second. I
can turn it on I can double click to a lower setting I can triple click and get a setting so low I think what the heck did I do that for?? I like ARC and seconds are fine by me.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mrd 74

Enlightened
I have an Arc LSH-S second that has a slightly less than perfect beam close up but undetectable at a distance.The body of the light has a small ding near the split ring that you wouldn't know was there if it wasn't pointed out to you.Overall I'd have to say it's the best $50.00 light I have ever bought and better than some I paid quite a bit more for.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks very much for reply. I found your posts very helpful. I think I could live with dings in the HA finish, but a cracked lens or scratched lens I couldn't live with (when I did a search for seconds, some owners reported damaged lens). I also couldn't live with major tint blemishes or brightness/run time problems. Even at the price of $50, those "major" defects (very bad tint, low brightness, and broken lens) are unacceptable IMO. A few chips in the HA or minor tint problems would be acceptable, but there is no way to know for sure in advance the way I understand it.

Of course, as long as the LS remains at the $79 sale price, I'll get that instead of the seconds. I just think that the $79 dollar kits will sell out fast (probably in less than a week).

When the price goes back up to $99, I might look at the seconds--but then again it sounds like a major gamble given that there is no gaurantees as to the condition.

Mic

Newly Enlightened
Hi 357
Don't forget you get a 14-day satisfaction guarantee period
on the factory second Arc-LS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Mic said:
Hi 357
Don't forget you get a 14-day satisfaction guarantee period
on the factory second Arc-LS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but then there is also the return shipping costs. I'd probably keep a light that worked, even if I wasn't happy with it.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep,
this get your foot in the door is a nice deal. i would have jumped all over it if i was not holding 3 grey already.

KingSmono

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
simbad said:
King, you've got "Get your foot in the door" for $79.95
LS's #2 sale kits, good offer for a complete set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but since 357 said:

[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
Of course, as long as the LS remains at the $79 sale price, I'll get that instead of the seconds. I just think that the $79 dollar kits will sell out fast (probably in less than a week).

When the price goes back up to $99, I might look at the seconds--but then again it sounds like a major gamble given that there is no gaurantees as to the condition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just pointing out that the Arc LS "Seconds" aren't even in stock... This might help his decision making process. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.