Inova T1, T3 & T4 pics

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats the LED in the T4? It says in their specs on that site that it's a 4 watt LED. I don't know of any 4 watt leds that are commercially available at the moment, do I? I know luxeon 1, 3 and 5 watters...

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
Are the battery counts right on the site for each model?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. TAD says the T3 uses two lithium 123 batteries, but it looks too long for a 2 cell light.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... those look a lot like Black HA-III. As for the battery count, I'm guessing they are the correct specs and the pictures just look a little bit out or proportion. If you scale the T1 or T3 down and compare it with the X1 or X5 pics and roughly compensate for the different angles, they look about right (at least IMO).

-Mike

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at the T4

(Uses one lithium ion battery (included))

I don't think thats right. 4 watts @ 2 hours Hmmm.

SFR

Newly Enlightened
Darn. I'm not too enthusiastic about black. I like natural HA instead.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Xrunner, you're right. I guess I didn't pay attention in that it's pictured at an angle. They do look cool in that "tactical" black finish, but I wonder if they'll be available in a natural finish as well? Anyone know what the MSRP on them are?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JohnK said:
I give up to.

What the hell is a four watt Luxeon ?

[/ QUOTE ]

John, it's a LuxIII driven at 1A. The forward voltage at that level of current flow will be somewhere around 4V, meaning it's running as a 4W emitter.

*Retired*
One of the shot show reviews mentioned 119.00 dollars for T4, batteries, and charger included.

It looks to be one heck of a sweet deal to say the least.

Luxeon III off the datasheet is 1A * 3.9V = 3.9W

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
I was looking at the T4

(Uses one lithium ion battery (included))

I don't think thats right. 4 watts @ 2 hours Hmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be right. LuxIII driven at 1A, forward voltage around 4V gives you the 4W part. Then, if the Li-ion pack puts out something close to 4V on average (they usually run around 4.4V freshly charged and shutdown around 3.4V, if memory serves), you'd need something like 2000mAh capacity to get 2 hours runtime. Sounds reachable.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said:
That new multi-level switch for the Minigag looks nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too. Check out the pic of those Laser Devices tactical lights. I'm looking forward to seeing those too.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

balrog

Enlightened
Perhaps the number in the model number represents the approximate power that the LED is regulated at, rather than the type of LED used. ie, 1 Watt for T1, 3W for T3 and 4W for T4. By that token the T1 is probably run at 350mA, and the T3 at around 750mA. Would this be consistent with the 2 hour run times assuming the LEDs were either 1W Luxeons, or Luxeon IIIs?

Hopefully they produce the bodies with the same finishes as the X5 and X1. I prefer the silver to the black myself.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T4 looks like it would be a sweet bike light! Rechargable, light and decent throw would make it a keeper. Waiting for the reviews. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the past is any indicator theese lights will be well made and worthy of any flashlight freaks collection.
I personally look fowared to the INOVA T4. I will buy that one for sure.
Yaesumofo

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like 2004 is shaping up to be a good year to be a flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif