New helmet light needed, suggest one

Buck

Newly Enlightened
Well, crud. I'm out of flashlights with strobe mode to duct-tape onto the top of my bike helmet. My Fenix L2D rode up there for many years, but finally died in the saddle a year or two ago. I replaced it with an L-mini that I had lying around, which was working great until a couple of days ago, when I decided to wash the sweat off the helmet liner and forgot that when I took the cell out to charge it, I'd left the tailcap off and thus the electronics were very splash-exposed. It's not completely dead yet, but it's pretty close. Maybe I could put a new board in it, but that's not really my area of skill.

I haven't bought a new light in years, so I'm out of touch with the available goodies. I can't immediately find a vendor that sells the L-mini now. Are they out of production? If so, what would you suggest that's fairly cheap, light, and has a strobe mode?

parametrek

Enlightened
I know of 1022 lights with strobe :) Using the L2D as a benchmark ($60, 120 grams, 135 lumens) for the limits that cuts it down to 250 lights.

What else are you looking for in a light? A body of a certain size to fit your mount? A particular type of rechargeable battery you already have?

Buck

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for something as close as possible to my old l-mini: 18650, light weight, fairly reliable, halfway decent throw, reverse clicky tailcap. Not a gross cool-white tint, if possible.

Just a straight cylindrical flashlight. I tape the light to the top of my helmet, so it looks where I look. Drivers coming up on crossing streets tend to notice and stop when I nail them with the hotspot on strobe mode, even in daylight.

parametrek

Enlightened
A basic Convoy S2+ would probably work fine for you. They have like 5 different tints available and cost under $20. Mtnelectronics carries them.